Notices

Old 03-16-2009, 04:38 PM   #1
pikoman
Enthusiast
pikoman began at the beginning.

Device: prs505, prs700, iriver story
Unhappy Reader can't recognize a lot of lrf

Hi,
I have a lot of comic in lrf, each of them is around 20-30mb. I put them in a Sandisk SDHC 16GB (250 lrf and around 5GB) but my prs505 can't recognize all of them (only recognize 200 lrf) .
Is the problem of SDHC or the reader can't manage large number of files?
Any solution for this problem?

Many thanks.
pikoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:01 PM   #2
wild_Willie2
Zealot
wild_Willie2 began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
I think I remember that the reader can only read card size upto a maximum number. 4 gig or so...
wild_Willie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2009, 04:55 AM   #3
pikoman
Enthusiast

Thanks for tha answer. But why a lot of people using sd greater than 4gb??
Old 03-23-2009, 10:21 PM   #4
Renaldo
Addict
Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
The manual says it can handle 16gb SD and Sticks. The amount of files you have is fine, I'm wondering if it could be the size of the files? I have nearly 1400 files on an SD card, including about 30 comics that are about 14mb in size. Or possibly it's there's something wrong with the files themselves. Do the ones that are not recognized by the reader readable in the Sony software? Meaning first, can the library software display them on your computer, and secondly, can the library software read them from the card when your reader's plugged in?
Renaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 05:27 AM   #5
pikoman
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaldo View Post
The manual says it can handle 16gb SD and Sticks. The amount of files you have is fine, I'm wondering if it could be the size of the files? I have nearly 1400 files on an SD card, including about 30 comics that are about 14mb in size. Or possibly it's there's something wrong with the files themselves. Do the ones that are not recognized by the reader readable in the Sony software? Meaning first, can the library software display them on your computer, and secondly, can the library software read them from the card when your reader's plugged in?
Hi,
The sony SW displays all the books when the sd card is in the prs505 and in the cards-reader and I can read them in my pc. But when I unplugged my reader, I only can see some of them ....
Advert
Old 03-29-2009, 09:17 AM   #6
Renaldo
Addict
Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Is it always the same files that are missing? If possible, I'd try putting those on a different, smaller SD card and put that in the 505 just to see what it does and if it can be seen. I'd also consider dropping the 16gb card and going with a smaller one if possible. The manual says the 505 can read up to a 16gb SD and 16gb memory stick, but that they're not actually guaranteed to work properly. This could be what they mean by that.
Renaldo is offline   Reply With Quote