Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-14-2008, 05:45 AM   #1
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
Which magazines, blogs, and/or newspapers do you subscribe to?

I ended up getting a little of each for about $30 a month.

Newspaper - The New York Times

Magazines - Reader's Digest, Time, and Newsweek.

Blogs - The Daily Koz and Cognitive Daily.

How about you?
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:24 AM   #2
etitameh
Enthusiast
etitameh doesn't litteretitameh doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
so far, i don't subscribe to anything on my kindle... but thanks to you, i've now wishlisted a number of cogsci blogs.
etitameh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2008, 10:11 AM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
The L.A. Times
Ellery Queen Magazine

I have too many books to read (and MobileReading to do) so adding more subscriptions would overwhelm me.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:09 AM   #4
HaggisMacJedi
Zealot
HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 4, iPhone 4
I'm STILL waiting on USA Today before I subscribe to anything.
HaggisMacJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:25 AM   #5
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Chicago Tribune
Asimov's
Astounding
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2008, 12:11 AM   #6
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
San Jose Mercury News
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:01 PM   #7
robb01
Connoisseur
robb01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Time, always looking for more
robb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:44 AM   #8
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Analog.

I'm glad this was posted as I have been wondering how Amazon makes the decision on which magazines to carry? I find myself drowning in useless obsolete paper items (old magazines) and would REALLY like to get almost everything on my kindle.

The only magazine I can see myself wanting to continue to receive as a hard copy would be National Geographic as that is a magazine to be enjoyed slowly and in full living color. Of course, there is the problem of what to do with years of old National G's when you need to downsize, as apparently schools no longer accept them.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:31 PM   #9
lightcap
lightcap began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus,Nexus 7,Nook ST
Interzone available?
lightcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:39 PM   #10
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
I get:
The New Yorker
The Atlantic Monthly
The Nation
New York Times

Our local newspaper, the Oklahoman, is available... but it's one of the worst newspapers in the country (according to me and the Columbia Journalism Review). So... I don't get that.

One of my favorite things about the Kindle.

I don't get any blogs... oh... wait.. I do get the Huff Post. But mainly I read blogs on my phone/computer.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:49 PM   #11
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
Analog.

I'm glad this was posted as I have been wondering how Amazon makes the decision on which magazines to carry? I find myself drowning in useless obsolete paper items (old magazines) and would REALLY like to get almost everything on my kindle.

The only magazine I can see myself wanting to continue to receive as a hard copy would be National Geographic as that is a magazine to be enjoyed slowly and in full living color. Of course, there is the problem of what to do with years of old National G's when you need to downsize, as apparently schools no longer accept them.
I finally let my NatGeo expire after 35 yrs. I know it was 35 yrs, because since it expired in June, they send me letters every day wanting me back. It's like breaking up with your stalker or something. Anyhooo, I let it go because I couldn't see to read it anymore and they don't have a large print edition.

HOWEVER... you can go to their website and read everything, the full magazine, for FREE, and zoom it as large as you need. It isn't a download, but who would want to download the articles without the pics to an e-device anyway? I like the online version much better than the print version! Check it out and report back with your findings. That's an order.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:49 PM   #12
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightcap View Post
Interzone available?
Check at Fictionwise. I think they have it.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:51 PM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I did it, DG, and I liked it! I even bookmarked it.......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:52 PM   #14
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I did it, DG, and I liked it! I even bookmarked it.......
Did what? NatGeo? Cool!! I love being able to see the pics full screen.

Last edited by DixieGal; 02-11-2009 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Are we ever going to sleep today? All the newbies got me too excited to log off!
Old 02-11-2009, 09:53 PM   #15
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Did what? NatGeo? Cool!! I love being able to see the pics full screen.
yep. I don't take a paper version newspaper anymore. Strictly online.

Have cut back to one quilt magazine, Fons and Porter, and thats it.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!