Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-15-2011, 11:56 PM   #1
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Epub format Missing Cover - PRS-650

For some reason the cover image for the attached epub will not display on my PRS-650, it works just fine in the Calibre viewer. I deleted the file from my device, reconverted, and I've converted the jpeg to a png and nothing I tried worked.

I also have my send to device metadata settings set to automatic management. I'm using Windows 7 and Calibre 7.45.

I've converted other stories with cover images just fine in that the images do display on my device. I'm at my wits end on trying to solve this mystery.

I'd appreciate any and all help,
Thanks!
Amalthia
Attached Files
File Type: epub Lazy Daze - Supercross.epub (1.28 MB, 127 views)

Last edited by Amalthia; 02-16-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:03 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
For some reason the cover image for the attached epub will not display on my PRS-650, it works just fine in the Calibre viewer. I deleted the file from my device, reconverted, and I've converted the jpeg to a png and nothing I tried worked.
How did you create this ePub?

When I copy this image it is 2400px wide by 3096px high. It would appear that this image is too big for your device to display. When I take your ePub and do a ePub to ePub conversion the image is resized to fit and ends up 566px x 731px.

You might want to add height="731" width="566" to your image line in Sigil and see if that makes a difference.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-16-2011 at 01:10 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:57 AM   #3
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
The image 2400x3096 would require more than 24Mb of memory when unpacked to display, that's probably why it's being balked.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:10 PM   #4
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
The image 2400x3096 would require more than 24Mb of memory when unpacked to display, that's probably why it's being balked.
That would explain things! I thought I had cropped the image and shrank the size enough but apparently not!

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2011, 01:21 PM   #5
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
How did you create this ePub?

When I copy this image it is 2400px wide by 3096px high. It would appear that this image is too big for your device to display. When I take your ePub and do a ePub to ePub conversion the image is resized to fit and ends up 566px x 731px.

You might want to add height="731" width="566" to your image line in Sigil and see if that makes a difference.
I created the epub in Calibre. I didn't realize there was a size limit on images.

I'll shrink the original image more and give it another go. if that doesn't work I'll try the Sigil solution. The main reason I want to get it to work in Calibre is that I'm also creating a mobipocket version too.

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2011, 01:25 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Set your output profile to a profile for a six inch device in calibre and it will resize the cover for you automatically.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #7
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Set your output profile to a profile for a six inch device in calibre and it will resize the cover for you automatically.
I'll double check that setting. I could have sworn I'd already picked a profile for a 6 inch device but I haven't messed with those settings in a very long time.

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2011, 02:06 PM   #8
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Is this part of the welcome wizard or do I have to go somewhere else to set this preference? I wasn't sure if it was in plugins or somewhere else? I couldn't find info on where to change this in the manual.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:07 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Its in the conversion options under page setup, but if you go through the welcome wizard, it will also be set for you. Remember that when you are reconverting a previously converted book you have to set the option for it manually as calibre remembers previously used conversion settings.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote