Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-02-2006, 03:41 PM   #16
Solan0
Solan0 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Ok first of all, all volumes i read are converted to pdf. you trying to read those with picture viewer ? That would take years to finish 1 volume (cause you have to wait for sync and i suppose it would drain your battery, the main point of your post) i tried it putting some pics(about 10 pngs and jpegs) it is way too long to load the image and you cant bookmark it.

I think you gotta point there stxopher, yeah i only read 4 to 6 volumes a day, i also think that it extends the battery life. 1 Volume is about 200 to 250 pages (more than that its too slow for page turns) 1 jpeg goes from 100kb to 250 (it depens on original quality). That makes after resize and conversion to pdf :

- 20 century boys vol1 to 21: 860 mb (just vol 1 is about 40 mb)
- Inuyasha Part 1 , i had to split it in 2 or the pdf would have been 100 mb
Black Cat, Hunter x hunter, Naruto and One piece the average is about 40 mb by volume.

It really depends on the quality of the original image and how well you wanna convert it.
Solan0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:28 AM   #17
njt
Enthusiast
njt began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solan0
Ok first of all, all volumes i read are converted to pdf. you trying to read those with picture viewer ? That would take years to finish 1 volume (cause you have to wait for sync and i suppose it would drain your battery, the main point of your post) i tried it putting some pics(about 10 pngs and jpegs) it is way too long to load the image and you cant bookmark it.

I think you gotta point there stxopher, yeah i only read 4 to 6 volumes a day, i also think that it extends the battery life. 1 Volume is about 200 to 250 pages (more than that its too slow for page turns) 1 jpeg goes from 100kb to 250 (it depens on original quality). That makes after resize and conversion to pdf :

- 20 century boys vol1 to 21: 860 mb (just vol 1 is about 40 mb)
- Inuyasha Part 1 , i had to split it in 2 or the pdf would have been 100 mb
Black Cat, Hunter x hunter, Naruto and One piece the average is about 40 mb by volume.

It really depends on the quality of the original image and how well you wanna convert it.
Yeah, when I'm reading just a normal book that I purchased from the connect store it seems to last a LONG long time. But reading manga the battery goes a bit faster. Also, pdf's with Japanese seem to suck up the battery more as well~.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4035#post44035

as for manga conversion, I'm not sure how solan0 is doing his/her conversion, but I wrote up a little faq to convert manga, which looks quite nice^^;

I also found out using that image program, if the quality of your scans aren't good, or if you have double pages it can auto crop and up the contrast to make it look nice (great image editing program there )

hope this helps^^;
njt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 11:37 AM   #18
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
My battery indicator went completely blank after I hadn't used the Reader for a few days. Guess it needs to be charged more often.
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 02:06 PM   #19
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
I am starting to think the same, use a larger font and the battery wears down a little faster..... I guess something we should sort of research <Grins>
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote