Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #1
Japes
Addict
Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350,Sony PRS-950,Pocketbook 360+,B&N Nook Simple Touch Reader
Accidentally deleted my entire Calibre Library

I had several thousand books in there, and, while I was able to restore a portion of them, I lost quite a few of them. Herein lies my problem.

Calibre still shows the books that were lost, as being in the Calibre library. Only if I try to open one up, do I know whether the books is actually there or not. Is there a way to have Calibre search the library for missing books without my having to go one by one, through several thousand books, to try to figure out what is missing?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Japes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:08 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japes View Post
I had several thousand books in there, and, while I was able to restore a portion of them, I lost quite a few of them. Herein lies my problem.

Calibre still shows the books that were lost, as being in the Calibre library. Only if I try to open one up, do I know whether the books is actually there or not. Is there a way to have Calibre search the library for missing books without my having to go one by one, through several thousand books, to try to figure out what is missing?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Run the Library Maintenance tool (right click the Library Icon), Select Fix to try and repair (delete) the missing books.

If you want to keep an 'Empty book' metadata record

You might try forcing a Metadata backup (I don't know what it will do if it runs into a missing title folder)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2013, 12:19 AM   #3
Japes
Addict
Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How do I force a metadata backup?
Old 06-19-2013, 12:21 AM   #4
Japes
Addict

Never mind. I figured out how to force the metadata backup.