Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-28-2011, 01:08 PM   #16
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
Aww, someone gave this thread a 1-star? Tough crowd!
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:09 PM   #17
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
In my case it's entirely opposite. My ipad doesn't get nearly as much use now since I had the Kindle 4 NT then -> K4 Touch. I have a suspicion that your enthusiasm for reading books on the new Kindle Fire will soon pass
Because it doesn't matter how you tune it on a tablet, essetially you're looking at a light bulb(dim or not), to me it's just not as soothing as reading on a reflective paper like screen, and it bothers my eyes for anything more than 20-30min of reading.
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2011, 01:14 PM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinew View Post
In my case it's entirely opposite. My ipad doesn't get nearly as much use now since I had the Kindle 4 NT then -> K4 Touch. I have a suspicion that your enthusiasm for reading books on the new Kindle Fire will soon pass
Because it doesn't matter how you tune it on a tablet, essetially you're looking at a light bulb(dim or not), to me it's just not as soothing as reading on a reflective paper like screen, and it bothers my eyes for anything more than 20-30min of reading.
I read on mine for hours with no problem. I am using the Screen Filter app which helps alot and Mantano as my reader app with its nice gray background I don't have any problems. I love with a tap of my thumb I can turn a page.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:20 PM   #19
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I read on mine for hours with no problem. I am using the Screen Filter app which helps alot and Mantano as my reader app with its nice gray background I don't have any problems. I love with a tap of my thumb I can turn a page.
Ah see... you got the Kindle NT rather than the Touch. A tap of the screen turns the page on the Kindle Touch as well as it does on the Fire.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:25 PM   #20
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Ah see... you got the Kindle NT rather than the Touch. A tap of the screen turns the page on the Kindle Touch as well as it does on the Fire.

BOb
That's true. I like the bulk of the Fire better than my other Kindles it helps me not drop it!
Advert
Old 11-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #21
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverjuly View Post
Aww, someone gave this thread a 1-star? Tough crowd!
It wasn't TMZ enough I guess.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:50 AM   #22
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Quote:
See, I just returned my Kindle Fire.. since I just can't see using it for extended reading session compared to the touch... which I can easily hold in 1 hand with little to no effort. The Fire is just too heavy for this, and the LCD screen is not as eye friendly to me.

BOb
I don't find it too heavy. It is very solid, I agree, but just fine in my opinion.
Maybe you should work out more ;-)

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:30 AM   #23
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
No LCD device will ever replace my eInk Kindle. For me, tablets are only good for short attention span reading.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:06 AM   #24
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Haha, wish it was like that for me ... (at least that's what I thought yesterday when I checked the clock and found out it was 2:00 a.m. again :-)

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:58 AM   #25
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
Haha, wish it was like that for me ... (at least that's what I thought yesterday when I checked the clock and found out it was 2:00 a.m. again :-)

Best regards,
Andy

I seem to have acquired a reading buddy now I have the Fire. My hubby will lay his head on my shoulder to see what I am doing. We played angry birds this morning before bed then he spied at my racy covers on the Carousel. Read my wall on Facebook and then read over my shoulder on the book I am reading. This isn't the first time since I got the Fire he's done this.

I'm like "Don't you have your phone to play with?"
Old 11-29-2011, 12:58 PM   #26
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

I seem to have acquired a reading buddy now I have the Fire. My hubby will lay his head on my shoulder to see what I am doing. We played angry birds this morning before bed then he spied at my racy covers on the Carousel. Read my wall on Facebook and then read over my shoulder on the book I am reading. This isn't the first time since I got the Fire he's done this.

I'm like "Don't you have your phone to play with?"
At least now you know what to get him for Christmas.

BOb
Old 11-29-2011, 05:12 PM   #27
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
At least now you know what to get him for Christmas.

BOb
If only I could. He got $100 in DVDs for Christmas. They came today. 10 DVDs and Harry Potter 1-8 set.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:32 PM   #28
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
Fire is for taking out to work, DX is for reading in bed. But my Ipad is getting jealous too. Anyway, my toddler thinks it's his ipad.
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:43 PM   #29
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
If only I could. He got $100 in DVDs for Christmas. They came today. 10 DVDs and Harry Potter 1-8 set.
Oh well, guess you can be angry birds together.

BOb
Old 11-29-2011, 11:44 PM   #30
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Hmm... return the K4 NT, that's $80 there.. now you just need to cut back on eating out, getting latte's, or whatever to make up the other $120.

BOb