Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 08-31-2007, 07:07 AM   #31
ZeBuddha
MonkeyWrench
ZeBuddha began at the beginning.

Device: SE K800i & PSP - looking at PRS500 :D
0.3.95 - sorry, forgot to mention that...
ZeBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:19 AM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeBuddha View Post
0.3.95 - sorry, forgot to mention that...
You are WAY behind in versions. Try 0.3.106 and see what happens and then if need be posted a bug report.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2007, 03:33 PM   #33
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You;ll have to bug the authors of unrtf about this as it's an unrtf problem as far as i can tell.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:47 AM   #34
nerys
Addict
nerys began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 500 - REB 1200
OK maybe I am just really dense :-) but this program has NO right click options and only 3 buttons Add Delete and Edit Meta Information

Where exactly is the "convert this" to lrf button?? ie HOW are you converting files??

----Edit----

Ahh there is none (found these files called xxx2lrf.exe's :-)

SO I dragged one of my files onto this and hey that works. One problem. I tried a lit file it processes does its thing finishes then does parsing html than converting to bbeb and stays there. I am going to let it run (4-5 minutes now) does it take that long? (ok it finished but ??? no file? the window just goes away (completed task) but there is no file? where does it store the file? I would assume same directory as the original file?

the rtf2lrf crashes on EVERY single RTF I have tried so far. No error just crashes.

this is latest version (downloaded 10 minutes ago) in XP Pro.

Would love to get this working :-) I hate waiting forever for the reader to "format" a book and then hope it works :-)

Last edited by nerys; 09-07-2007 at 01:59 AM.
nerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:02 AM   #35
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Open a terminal Start->Run type cmd.exe
Type libprs500-beta and press enter now you will have a convert button.
Advert
Old 09-09-2007, 10:47 AM   #36
nerys
Addict
nerys began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 500 - REB 1200
Hey buttons :-) will try it and see what happens.

Last edited by nerys; 09-09-2007 at 10:50 AM.
nerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:55 PM   #37
ricdiogo
Gutenberger
ricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3
I don't have a Reader so I've never given much attention to this thread. But if the Reader supports RTF why do you feel the need to convert it? (Sure because it displays better.) Just uploading RTF files to the Reader isn't enough? aren't there any formatting tips for making an improved RTF without the need convert it (fonts, sizes, margins... etc)?

(Since my decision on which device I should buy is going to be determined by the RTF readability, that's why I ask you this, specially in order to compare Sony's and Cybook's RTF readability).
ricdiogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:56 PM   #38
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

the sony reader rtf viewer doesn't support images, links. I personally detest RTF as a format.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:09 PM   #39
ricdiogo
Gutenberger
ricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Oh I see Thanks
ricdiogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:12 PM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricdiogo View Post
Oh I see Thanks
But we have no idea what will happen with the new Sony Reader due out in October. So I'd wait to find out how it displays RTF. If you like, once the local SonyStyle has them in stock, I can pop an RTF (one of your choice if you want) on an SD card and take it with me to see how it displays.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 07:56 PM   #41
irishjew
Enthusiast
irishjew doesn't litteririshjew doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
When I try to use rtf2lrf for any file, Unrtf crashes on me, and then I get the log error:

ConversionError: unrtf failed with error code: -1073741819
Failed to perform job: Convert book:Absalom, Absalom
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "libprs500\gui2\jobs.pyo", line 97, in run
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\any\convert_from.pyo", line 140, in main
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\any\convert_from.pyo", line 117, in process_file
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\rtf\convert_from.pyo", line 67, in process_file
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\rtf\convert_from.pyo", line 52, in generate_html
ConversionError: unrtf failed with error code: -1073741819
Log:
[INFO] convert_from.pyo:38: Converting to HTML...
[CRITICAL] convert_from.pyo:51:

Please help. I'd be happy to convert the file to html or txt, but when I do that, I lose all paragraph breaks.
irishjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:26 PM   #42
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Try it from the commandline using rtf2lrf and post the result.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:38 PM   #43
irishjew
Enthusiast

This is what I come up with:

C:\Program Files\libprs500>rtf2lrf C:\a.rtf
Converting to HTML...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "convert_from.py", line 104, in <module>
File "convert_from.py", line 98, in main
File "convert_from.py", line 67, in process_file
File "convert_from.py", line 52, in generate_html
libprs500.ebooks.ConversionError: unrtf failed with error code: -1073741819

C:\Program Files\libprs500>
Old 10-14-2007, 10:44 PM   #44
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

hmm send me the rtf file.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:55 PM   #45
irishjew
Enthusiast

I mean, it happens with all rtf files, so it's probably a problem with my computer. Do you need Microsoft Office for this to run properly?

Tags
libprs500, rtf2lrf