Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-12-2010, 05:24 PM   #1
terraskye
Groupie
terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Mine:Kindle 3(wifi)Sony PRS-300(died)His: Sony Prs-300
De-Authorizing

I'm returning my 650 this week. Not because I dont love it because I do but I'm in a situation where I need to use the money for something that cant be avoided. When I'm working again I'll buy another.

How to I go about de-authorizing the reader software and ADE so i can use it with another reader.
I'm keeping the books I've purchased on my laptop as I ::fingers crossed:: hope this only a short term situation. Do I even need to de-authorize anything? I plan to factory reset the reader this evening.

Thanks in advance,
terraskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:59 PM   #2
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
For ADE:

I believe you plug in the unit and hit Ctrl-Shift-E. However, according to this thread, there isn't really a need to de-authorize anything from ADE.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...-authorize+ade

For the sony software:

You prob. would like to de-authorize since you gain back an authorization allowance. To do so, open up the sony software and log into your account. I don't have the software but I believe you go to manage accounts and you can deauthorize it from there.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2010, 08:51 PM   #3
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I have transferred DRM library books with my 505 via Sony Library, but have never actually used it to buy a book from Sony (I have no account to do so set up) - do I need to de-authorize it if I'm giving it away?
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote