Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 03-23-2014, 10:36 PM   #1
RONE
Enthusiast
RONE began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4S
Issue with syncing locations

For the last book I read and my current book, I've had an issue with location syncing between my 5S and iPad 3, both running iOS 7.0.6. I'm afraid i cannot tell you when the issue actually started happening as I went through a fairly long period without reading and just noticed the issue very recently. I normally read on my iPhone throughout the day, then get into bed at night and read on my wife's iPad. What I've found is that the synced location when loaded on the second device is always behind the synced location that was saved by the first decide. Here is a screenshot from each device with the currently synced location loaded:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395628259.558619.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	120732

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395628279.608769.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	120733

As you can see, the iPhone, which I last read on today, is at 13% read, but the iPad, which I've loaded the synced location on, is only at 12%. I have tried deleting all the synced location files from the Marvin folder in Dropbox and forcing new files to be created, but it hasn't addressed the issue (the screenshots above are from after doing that).
RONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:41 AM   #2
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
This is one of the things that Kris is working on to improve as the sync is usually a little off and seems to be more noticeable in longer chapters.
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2014, 10:47 PM   #3
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Good to know. I've found sync just doesnt seem to work well at all, if you dont have the book concerned on both devices *before* you start reading. eg, I added a book I was already 30% through on my 4S, to my ipad mini. It would not sync the 4S location to the mini, it simply told me that I was already at the farthest location in the book. Yes, I've got both devices logged in at dropbox. Theres probably something else causing it that I have done but I've given up looking and am only reading on the 4S :-/
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 04:16 AM   #4
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Indeed, improving location sync accuracy is one of my high-priority tasks. I hope to have an improved version soon (dealing with lots of stuff at the moment).
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:04 AM   #5
RONE
Enthusiast
RONE began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4S
We all appreciate your hard work, Kris. Marvin is still the best ebook reader available.

Kris
RONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2014, 05:05 AM   #6
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Thanks a million RONE!
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote