Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 08-08-2023, 06:40 PM   #1
Kademo15
Kademo15 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Need help fixing my grandfathers kobo

Hello to all,
So i got my grandfathers kobo Clara HD in a constand loading state it shows 2 arrows in a cercle and 3 dots that flash on after the other every minute or so it tries to boot (it flashes white 2 times) but fails. I can turn it off, hold the button for 2 min straight but nothing. I figured the os would be bricked so i took the sd card out when windows asked me to format i said no. Then i grabbed a firmware update installed that still nothing (i have to mention that when unzipping the firmware update 7zip threw 1 error). I asked here and got myself the image. When i tried to format the drive with sd card formatter it would show the drive the right way it showed this instead (\\?\Volume{d136a68-361d-11ee-b0a7-4c034f054cae}) and formatting it failed. I tried diskpart wizard partition manager and it finished the clean but one second later the drive was in 3 partitions again, it always somehow repaired itself. So i then took the image and used the tool https://www.vconsole.com/download to write the image to the disk (in this program it did show up right). It finished writing the image to the disk, I unplugged and still the same issue. I dont know what to try anymore.
Can you guys help me ?
Thx and with best regards Kademo
Kademo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 12:22 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
A couple of things. Writing a firmware update file to the µSD card is useless since it does not include all the bits and pieces needed. The µSD card has 3 partitions (2 Linux ext4, 1 FAT32 plus some free space which is used for boot loader, serial number, etc.)

What you need is the image for the entire µSD which you can request in the Clara SD card image needed thread. Please note that the images are sent via PM and the second link in the PM is the how-to.

BTW, the forum you posted is for Kobo's old Android tablets not their eInk devices.

PM sent

Last edited by DNSB; 08-09-2023 at 12:23 AM. Reason: PM sent
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert