Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-01-2008, 12:24 PM   #1
Lainey807
Lainey807 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Question from another newbie

Hi, Just purchased the 505 a few days ago, and have a question. I have downloaded some of the free classics, as well as a couple of others from the Sony ebooks site. They are on my library. I have moved some to the Reader, but when I am finished reading them, can I move them off the Reader, back into the library to free up space? Or will they stay on the Reader? What kind of memory cards can I use? The same ones that I use in my digital camera? or are there special types? And to do that, I can just plug one into my computer, download the books onto it, and then plug it into the Reader? Can you tell I am clueless? (but willing to learn) Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
Lainey
Lainey807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:50 PM   #2
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Books stay on your hard drive when you put them on or take them off your Reader. So you can remove them from the Reader and load them back later. The memory cards are either SD or Pro Duo. You can drag files onto them and just put the memory cards into the Reader. I think the max size is 2GB for SD, 8GB for Pro Duo. (Someone else will correct me if I'm wrong.)

Lots more Reader info on the site here. Enjoy!
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2008, 06:18 PM   #3
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
Books stay on your hard drive when you put them on or take them off your Reader. So you can remove them from the Reader and load them back later.
And even if you do, you can delete them from the Library and then, if you want one later, go to your Account and find the books you have bought. Click on any one you want, and then click on "send to my PC" (or whatever) and it will go right back to your Library. Then you can drag it back to the Reader if you want.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:52 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lainey807 View Post
Hi, Just purchased the 505 a few days ago, and have a question. I have downloaded some of the free classics, as well as a couple of others from the Sony ebooks site. They are on my library. I have moved some to the Reader, but when I am finished reading them, can I move them off the Reader, back into the library to free up space? Or will they stay on the Reader? What kind of memory cards can I use? The same ones that I use in my digital camera? or are there special types? And to do that, I can just plug one into my computer, download the books onto it, and then plug it into the Reader? Can you tell I am clueless? (but willing to learn) Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
Lainey
When you take books from the library and put them on the Sony, they are still in the library. They only get copied to the Sony. When you connect your Sony to your computer and have eBook Library running, select Sony Reader and find the books you want to delete. Select them and hit the delete key and then click Yes. They will be deleted from your Sony's memory and will still be in the library.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote