Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-02-2012, 08:47 AM   #1
20LEgend
Connoisseur
20LEgend began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
How do I remove things like "Fetch News" from my calibre?

I want to remove things like Fetch News, Get Books, View etc at the top of my Calibre library. I have tried FAQs but everything is written in jargon. Heck, I don't even know what to call these things I want to remove.
Can anyone give me a simple How-to without referring me to an FAQ as this would just put me in a loop?
Many thanks in advance
20LEgend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Preferences->Toolbar. From the drop-down menu, select "The main toolbar."

In the right "pane," highlight one of the small images (icons) representing the function you no longer want to see... and click the left facing arrow button (middle-bottom) to move the icon to the left "pane". Repeat for all the items you don't want included in the toolbar. Click "Apply" (top-left) when done.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Preferences->Toolbar. From the drop-down menu, select "The main toolbar."

In the right "pane," highlight one of the small images (icons) representing the function you no longer want to see... and click the left facing arrow button (middle-bottom) to move the icon to the left "pane". Repeat for all the items you don't want included in the toolbar. Click "Apply" (top-left) when done.
Don't forget that when a device is connected the Main Toolbar changes and a lot of those icons will pop back up. So once you've finished setting how you want the Main Toolbar repeat the process for "The Main Toolbar when a Device is Connected".
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #4
20LEgend
Connoisseur
20LEgend began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Thank you, guys, worked a treat.
20LEgend is offline   Reply With Quote