Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 08:05 PM   #1
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
INCEPTION the FILM: Good or BAD and WHY?

I saw INCEPTION the other week and enjoyed the film on many levels. However, I have read some critical reviews that point out flaws that make me rethink my view of the film. How about you? What did you think of INCEPTION? good, bad or>>>>>>???????
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:37 PM   #2
nachtxeule
Enthusiast
nachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3.
most films today are made for 1 viewing only, if you liked your first show... then you should keep your 4 or 5 star rating.

if you go back and pick on every flaw like a teacher correcting an essay, of course you'll start to grade it lower... it's about presentation, not perfection.

i also saw the movie, once... i haven't read any reviews because i can make my own opinion, the movie was a 4/5 stars (and yes i know where it's flawed)

very entertaining!
nachtxeule is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 04:38 AM   #3
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
I just read the reviews to get different views....that is all. enjoyed the ride. anyways...back to books. That was my first film in a theater in about two years....
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:00 PM   #4
hardgainer
Invisible Man
hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook360,Kindle K4
Absolute rubbish... Forgive me folks but where is the plot? Where is the soundtrack? Where is the freshness and credibility? All this story based (typical for Hollywood) on the man with flashbacks being unable to come to terms with loss of his wife. Any great ideas? Oh yes,the one about dream in the dream. The idea itself is not bad at all but realization sucks. Mindless talks while you listen to that bugging funeral monotone tune in the background, over and over again which called to substitute lack of pensivity and brainwork. Long and inane monologues of the main character... Overstretched highly predictable story with couple good efects. There is nothing over there to muse on except feeling sorry for the hero which is lost in his supermind. And the end.....ooooooh nooooo,sooooo standard that you know it's coming like half an hour before...
I'm not being just pricky but people there is nothing there but substitution for real thought over there...
hardgainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:55 PM   #5
ellimak
I spit hot fire
ellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Nook, or as I call him, Sir Nookington
Hmm. I really have to disagree with you. I wouldn't say that Inception is the best movie I've ever seen, but I do think that it's an exceptionally well-made, thought-provoking film. It asks the question that lots of movies ask: "What is reality?" Of course, this is a topic that has been tackled by numerous filmmakers over the years, but I think Inception does provide an interesting avenue for exploring that concept. The film left me with more questions than answers, and I think that's a great thing.

Visually, I think Inception is great achievement. I found it really difficult to discern what was done with special effects, and what was done on set. That's impressive. It was just beautiful to watch; I love that scene on the Paris street with Ariadne and Cobb, and of course the hallway scene.

As far as the soundtrack goes, I think Hans Zimmer did a fantastic job. The score makes an immediate impression (certainly it did for me; after I saw the trailer for the first time I couldn't get it out of my head). The main theme is heavy and oppressive and brooding. It's also very beautiful. It perfectly captures both the urgency and the sadness that are so central to the film.

Overall, I loved Inception. To each her own, I suppose.
ellimak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 06:18 PM   #6
hardgainer
Invisible Man
hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook360,Kindle K4
As i said above,the idea itself is not bad,to "provoke" some musings but the realization... It is standard beyond standard and the whole story altogether with dialogues is very dull and predictable. Brainwashing stereotypical scenes. Visual "heartbreaking" images (kids,ruined and abandoned city,his deceased wife). Constant sadness of the main character makes him "special" in a way that asylum inhabitants are. The main character is one dimensional man (typical for such sort of movies) in post traumatic condition (which makes him even more special)... and so on....
Verdict: No friends in taste lol
hardgainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:54 AM   #7
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
I wasn't overwhelmed. I had expected more of a "mind-fu**" and got an action flick instead. I think it was a good action film though - great cinematography, good acting, intelligent story (for an action movie), but also forgettable when I left the cinema. I must admit I'm feeling non-plussed as to why people find it so captivating and the story so special and "deep"**. For seriously weird dreams within dreams and a real mind-twister, I'd suggest Lynch's Mulholland Drive.

** I thought the same about The Matrix - maybe I'm just a bit "challenged"
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:32 AM   #8
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!
captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Tab S 8.4", Samsung S6 Edge
Whoooo spoiler alerts people!

Not seen it myself but on my list of to do's, but I do agree with the sentiments of nachtxeule. If I enjoy a film then great, if I don't well then that's that - I wont watch it again but wont have a pop at those that do or try and intellectually out sanmrt them because I think I know more about what the film was about.

Used to hate English Lit classes, 'it's obvious, that when the author wrote this he was experiencing personal pain and tragedy and meant this work as a comment on society's evils' - er what if he was writing it because he wanted to emulate JKRowling and earn loads of wodge?

/rant
captkjaneway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:14 PM   #9
Fazer_123
Fazer_123 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Its a awesome movie.Its IMDb user rating is 9.1 out of 10.Its story is totally different form other movies.
Fazer_123 is offline   Reply With Quote