Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 07-14-2012, 02:25 AM   #3811
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
Rizla:

I cannot reconstruct your observed bug. What did you do exactly to get it?

A.

Last edited by Analogus; 07-14-2012 at 02:49 AM.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:41 AM   #3812
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogus View Post
Rizla:
I cannot reconstruct your observed bug. What did you do exactly to get it?
A.
Honestly, I don't know. But it happens a lot. I would say that that I lose the ability to text highlight / annotate with the touchscreen more often than I can do it.

Until recently I presumed the bug was because I turn the touch screen on and off a lot (I do not use sleep mode). I have to reboot to get the functionality back. However, the other day I rebooted and went in to annotate and it didn't work. After a reboot! It is possible I did something first to cause it.

I get the bug so much that I assumed that other people have encountered it and have mentioned it. If you use the annotation feature regularly, I imagine you will encounter it.

If you can suggest a method to diagnose / reproduce it, I can try. It's not the end of the world because I can still use the draw tool. I just figured it was a known bug and I've been meaning to mention here for a while.

I suppose the best thing to do is to format and reinstall prs+.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2012, 01:36 AM   #3813
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

On reflection, I wonder if the bug is caused by my bindings. I have set hold zoom / font button to toggle between activate note bar and continue reading. I'll try using annotations without the binding.

Edit: No, I don't think it's that. I rebooted, opened a file, accessed the annotating bar manually, went to highlight text and it didn't work.

And yet, I rebooted again and it did work. Weird.

I am editing epubs converted from bare-bones htm files with just html and body tags. There might be some other stuff in there. I need to play around with it. I am surprised no one else has encountered this 'bug' so I think I will post a question on the general Sony forum to see if anyone else has had this.

Of course, it's possible it's not even prs+ causing it.

Last edited by Rizla; 07-16-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:37 AM   #3814
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
On reflection, I wonder if the bug is caused by my bindings. I have set hold zoom / font button to toggle between activate note bar and continue reading. I'll try using annotations without the binding.

Edit: No, I don't think it's that. I rebooted, opened a file, accessed the annotating bar manually, went to highlight text and it didn't work.

And yet, I rebooted again and it did work. Weird.

I am editing epubs converted from bare-bones htm files with just html and body tags. There might be some other stuff in there. I need to play around with it. I am surprised no one else has encountered this 'bug' so I think I will post a question on the general Sony forum to see if anyone else has had this.

Of course, it's possible it's not even prs+ causing it.
Just a quick question: do you have "Save Contents of Highlights" on (it's one of the "Save Notepad Data" options)?

Sincerely,
Ben.
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:14 AM   #3815
Rizla
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChen View Post
Just a quick question: do you have "Save Contents of Highlights" on (it's one of the "Save Notepad Data" options)?

Sincerely,
Ben.
Hmm. I do not have that option under 'Save Notepad Data.' I have:

Save text memo as a TXT file (On)
Overide text memo with text file (Off)
Save handwriting as SVG file (off)
Save handwriting as JPG file (off)
Show Save Progress (On)
Save to (SD card)

However, my annotations ARE saved to text memos on my SD card, a very handy feature).
Advert
Old 07-18-2012, 01:25 AM   #3816
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Hmm. I do not have that option under 'Save Notepad Data.' I have:

Save text memo as a TXT file (On)
Overide text memo with text file (Off)
Save handwriting as SVG file (off)
Save handwriting as JPG file (off)
Show Save Progress (On)
Save to (SD card)

However, my annotations ARE saved to text memos on my SD card, a very handy feature).
OK, there have been a lot of changes made to PRS+ since 2.1.01 was released on the 26th of Feb. I don't know if those changes would make a difference to your problem (since it does appear to be unique to your specific settings choices!) But it seems a new installer is overdue...

Sincerely,
Ben.
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:55 AM   #3817
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
The 26th of February version is still the latest one on the download page though, so a new install would presumably be identical.
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:08 AM   #3818
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Check http://code.google.com/p/prs-plus/source/list

there is slow but steady development, so a new installer build from the default repository would surely make a difference - and that is what Ben says.

OTOH kartu is still working on the custom dictionary, so the next "official/featured" installer will be delayed for some more time.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #3819
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
I'm certainly not complaining about the speed of development, I'm simply saying that 26/02 is the latest build available on the download page, so that's what's available to casual users. Personally I wouldn't have the first clue how to build an installer or what's involved in doing that.
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:36 AM   #3820
Rizla
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
Check http://code.google.com/p/prs-plus/source/list

there is slow but steady development, so a new installer build from the default repository would surely make a difference - and that is what Ben says.

OTOH kartu is still working on the custom dictionary, so the next "official/featured" installer will be delayed for some more time.
That page shows a long list of altered source files. How do I go about getting an installer file from it? I am familiar with compiling C files etc. If there is not a pre-compiled installer available (official or otherwise) how do I get the complete, updated source files and what should I use to compile them? If there are online instructions I would appreciate a link.

The fact my bug is unknown really surprises me. I get it more than not get it. I did a reboot again the other day and it did it immediately without any intermediate actions. Presumably it is due to settings then, or a fault on my device.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #3821
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
... how do I get the complete, updated source files and what should I use to compile them?
Is this page from the Wiki any use?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #3822
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srs View Post
I have a prs 300 and currently all books, no matter where they are in the filesystem, are scanned into the library. I would like to change that so that I can exclude some books from being scanned into the library or have only one folder that is scanned into the library. (say that I only want books under "database\media\books" scanned into the library, and \books\star trek\ not scanned into the library and only accessed through browse folders). Is this possible?
Quote:
Hi srs,

this should definitely be possible.
I was thinking about excluding "beta-pack" folder(s) from scanning, and most probably Ben and/or quisvir have achieved it for the notes-addon.

But to simplify things, I would opt for a set of excluded folders, to be specified in a special configuration file like "preferd-folders" for Browse-Folders.
Task accomplished for 505 and x50 series.
Though for the 505 there is the need of updating a system-file (FskCache.xsb). -> not working with beta-packs, reflash necessary.
See rev b69b4c442005
Volunteers for PRS-300 needed!
Will have to check out if FskCache.xsb must be replaced.

Last edited by Mark Nord; 07-23-2012 at 02:48 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #3823
Rizla
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Many thanks.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #3824
srs
srs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.srs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.srs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony prs 300
Quote:
Task accomplished for 505 and x50 series.
Though for the 505 there is the need of updating a system-file (FskCache.xsb). -> not working with beta-packs, reflash necessary.
See rev b69b4c442005
Volunteers for PRS-300 needed!
Will have to check out if FskCache.xsb must be replaced.
Hi Mark,

Thank you very much for adding this!

Please let me know what I can do to help get this on the PRS-300.
srs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #3825
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by srs View Post
Please let me know what I can do to help get this on the PRS-300.
Hi srs,

there is a line in 300'eds code suggesting that there is a folder/directory skipped from scanning.
Code:
	this.kbook.model.scan = function () {
		<global>.FskCache.diskSupport.ignoreDir('Digital Editions/Thumbnails');
So please add a new book to this folder in IM, create the folder if it doesn't exist, note that all pathes are casesensitive.

If the new book dosn't show up in the book-node, then no more action is necessary.

If it shows up, which is what I assume, then please put the (extracted) content of the attached archive into IM of your reader.
Content are FskCache.xsb from 505th firmware version 1.4 and a prsp-startup-script (prsp.sh) which should be placed into /database/system/PRSPlus

Power down your reader using settings-menu - not just put it into standby - and then restart it.

During startup the 505-fskcache.xsb file will be temporary replace the one of the original fw.
If all goes well, your file added to "Digital Editions/Thumbnails" should be gone from book-node (but be still accessible thru BrowseFolders).

If anything goes wrong, dont panic, there is PRS+ SafeMode:
  • Reset your reader (with the paper-clip),
  • restart it (flip the powerswitch)
  • immediately connect the USB-cord, connected to your computer
  • you will be in data-transfer-mode, delete prsp.sh from /database/system/PRSPlus
  • disconnect, you are in unaltered Sony-firmware.
  • Power down or reset, restart and you are back where we started.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Archive.zip (16.2 KB, 166 views)