Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Paperwhite Perodicals Navigation; Gestures

My KPW finally arrived today, and I'm just on training wheels now so forgive me if this has been covered before.

My biggest frustration with the KPW right now is the fact that navigating the New York Times (which I basically read cover-to-cover every day) is more cumbersome than on my old K3K. Getting back to the articles page requires using two hands and making multiple taps instead of a simple click of the d-pad. I'm really hoping there is some kind of "tap zone" setting or gesture that solves this problem, but from what I can tell there are only three gestures: swipe back a page, swipe forward a page and two-finger swipe left or right to increase or decrease font size.

I'd like to see a lot more options for gestures and zones, but right now it's pretty limited. Or maybe I'm missing something?
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
My KPW finally arrived today, and I'm just on training wheels now so forgive me if this has been covered before.

My biggest frustration with the KPW right now is the fact that navigating the New York Times (which I basically read cover-to-cover every day) is more cumbersome than on my old K3K. Getting back to the articles page requires using two hands and making multiple taps instead of a simple click of the d-pad. I'm really hoping there is some kind of "tap zone" setting or gesture that solves this problem, but from what I can tell there are only three gestures: swipe back a page, swipe forward a page and two-finger swipe left or right to increase or decrease font size.

I'd like to see a lot more options for gestures and zones, but right now it's pretty limited. Or maybe I'm missing something?
There's another gesture: swipe up goes to the next article, swipe down goes to start of current/start of previous. This used to also work with ebook chapters but they took it out.

You can also tap the next article label at the bottom of the screen to jump to that article.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Thanks - that's helpful.

What I'm really hoping for is the option to create a tap zone in the lower right corner to go back to the article list, and an option to have the nav bar at the bottom instead of at the top. I think with those two minor adjustments, I'd be happy.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote