Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-29-2009, 09:43 PM   #1
chorpler
Zealot
chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle; PRS-500; MobiPocket on Windows Mobile
Converting from Topaz, finally

So I guess somebody has finally figured out how to break Amazon's Topaz format, but the python script hasn't worked for me on my Topaz files. Anybody know if it works at all?

Thanks.
chorpler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Don't know but I'd like to here more. Where did you hear of this?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:57 PM   #3
chorpler
Zealot
chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle; PRS-500; MobiPocket on Windows Mobile
Somebody over on DarkReverser's blog mentioned it.
chorpler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:08 PM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorpler View Post
Somebody over on DarkReverser's blog mentioned it.
thanks
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:21 PM   #5
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
chorpler, I have the script and am getting the same error.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:23 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The problem is the person who mentioned Topaz being cracked was incorrect. Topaz has not been cracked.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:27 PM   #7
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, the script spits out an error message saying "invalid header". Jon, did you try it?
Old 12-29-2009, 10:28 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Well, the script spits out an error message saying "invalid header". Jon, did you try it?
I have tried the script and it does work as intented. It's intended to remove the DRM from AZW eBooks with Kindle for PC.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:29 PM   #9
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Hmm...the copy I have didn't. I tried it on a non topaz file and got "not a topaz file". (And it didn't remove the DRM, either, neither calibre not mobipocket reader will open it afterward). Tried it on one I was positive is topaz and got "invalid header".
Old 12-29-2009, 10:32 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Hmm...the copy I have didn't. I tried it on a non topaz file and got "not a topaz file". (And it didn't remove the DRM, either, neither calibre not mobipocket reader will open it afterward). Tried it on one I was positive is topaz and got "invalid header".
you need Python 2.6.4 and you may also need to have the correct script with the correct version of Kindle for PC.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:33 PM   #11
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Got me, then, Jon.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:38 PM   #12
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I cant find my kindle.info file

never mind. found it... time to test

Last edited by rcuadro; 12-29-2009 at 10:43 PM.
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:46 PM   #13
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
I cant find my kindle.info file

never mind. found it... time to test
Good luck. Jon says this doesn't work on topaz files, though. Although I happen to think progress might be being made, due to the one error I got of "not a topaz file".
Old 12-29-2009, 10:51 PM   #14
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Good luck. Jon says this doesn't work on topaz files, though. Although I happen to think progress might be being made, due to the one error I got of "not a topaz file".
I think I am just dumb but how do you run it?
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:10 PM   #15
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
I think I am just dumb but how do you run it?

You're not dumb. It has to run in command line.

Tags
kindle, topaz