Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #136
YarnerT
YarnerT is a marvel to beholdYarnerT is a marvel to beholdYarnerT is a marvel to beholdYarnerT is a marvel to beholdYarnerT is a marvel to beholdYarnerT is a marvel to beholdYarnerT is a marvel to beholdYarnerT is a marvel to beholdYarnerT is a marvel to beholdYarnerT is a marvel to beholdYarnerT is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Touch
Hi Everyone, My firmware updated yesterday!
YarnerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #137
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Mine updated last night. So far so good... might post more later. (Don't have the Touch here with me to help make a better post.)
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #138
echwel
Connoisseur
echwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma (sold), Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Hah!! I thought 2.1.5 hadn't arrived in the Netherlands yet, as I was syncing over wifi multiple times a day (I'm so impatient) but hadn't got it yet. Syncing via Desktop instead, and here it comes!

So strange, that desktop would give it to me but wifi sync would not... Does Wifi only *really* check if it has something to sync?
At the last and succesfull try to update, I do not know what wifisync would have given me. I synced on the Desktop, because I wanted to copy the updatefiles to my computer, for probable future use, given the fact that the downloadable files from the Kobo-site might be harmful for my device.

After syncing, en before updating I copied the complete .Kobo map of the device to a map on my computer. I have read the location where the files are stored shortly after, or while downloading to the computer somewhere on MR, but I don't remember in what thread, so I chose this method, to still have a copy.
Just find out now wich files from this copy I need, and what files do not belong to the updatefiles and can be disposed.

If ever in the future an update wich I then wil have gotten doesn't suit me right, I have a way to downgrade to a version wich I like very much, so far.
echwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #139
Ignatz Mouse
Zealot
Ignatz Mouse doesn't litterIgnatz Mouse doesn't litterIgnatz Mouse doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Touch, Galaxy Note
I had a WiFi Sync this morning, 2.1.5 downloaded and installed fast and easy ( I'm in France ).

My main problem with 2.0.0 was with PDF : a page seen on the screen was made of 2 halves of 2 different pages.
It's the first thing I've looked at with 2.1.5 : all seems to be OK.

Thanks, Kobo guys
Ignatz Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:37 PM   #140
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Updated yesterday big improvement over 2.0.0 and no problems to report
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:37 PM   #141
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
At least, it updated I think it's time I gift it to my mother as I bought a Glo (I don't need two reading devices).

By the way, we don't share the same tastes for books : she loves romance as I'm not really fond of. I'll load for her as much free romance as I can, but I don't want them to sync on my Glo, so I thought I'll open a knew account with kobo dedicated to my mother's book (she isn't even connect to Internet, she thinks she's too old for that...), do you see some other means ?
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:02 PM   #142
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by vice-versa View Post
At least, it updated I think it's time I gift it to my mother as I bought a Glo (I don't need two reading devices).

By the way, we don't share the same tastes for books : she loves romance as I'm not really fond of. I'll load for her as much free romance as I can, but I don't want them to sync on my Glo, so I thought I'll open a knew account with kobo dedicated to my mother's book (she isn't even connect to Internet, she thinks she's too old for that...), do you see some other means ?
That is probably the best method. It also means you can get free books from the Kobo site for her.

The alternative is to add a dummy record to the database on the Touch that provides a fake user. There are instructions somewhere here for that.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:18 AM   #143
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It also means you can get free books from the Kobo site for her.
That's what I meant to do (and I can add books to her account and then she 'll take advantage of the wifi at my sister's home, where she can sync her Touch, since I live a bit apart from her and she goes there every day to take care of my nephews before and after school time).
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:42 PM   #144
arnique
arnique 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.arnique 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.arnique 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.arnique 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.arnique 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.arnique 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.arnique 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.arnique 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.arnique 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.arnique 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.arnique 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Nook/Kobo Touch
Missing Dictionaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDK View Post
Under settings->Language you'll see new options for managing dictionaries.
I just updated to 2.15 from 1.917 and the "Manage Dictionaries" page is empty! So now I have NO dictionaries at all! It does say I have 10 dictionaries installed under the settings but I can't see or use any of them.

On another note, I am absolutely bugged by the new wi-fi off symbol. It seems counter-intuitive to show an image to symbolise the ABSENCE of something and to have no symbol for when there IS something, i.e., wi-fi. Also, the new "Page x of y" pop-up in the library is irritating and kinda useless. I miss the old one at the bottom of the page.

But again, where are my dictionaries?!
arnique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:27 AM   #145
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnique View Post
I just updated to 2.15 from 1.917 and the "Manage Dictionaries" page is empty! So now I have NO dictionaries at all! It does say I have 10 dictionaries installed under the settings but I can't see or use any of them.

On another note, I am absolutely bugged by the new wi-fi off symbol. It seems counter-intuitive to show an image to symbolise the ABSENCE of something and to have no symbol for when there IS something, i.e., wi-fi. Also, the new "Page x of y" pop-up in the library is irritating and kinda useless. I miss the old one at the bottom of the page.

But again, where are my dictionaries?!
Your dictionaries are not actually loaded. Click on the Plus next to each dictionary. It will change to a check. Then save. Then, if you are not connected to the internet somehow, connect to the internet and the dictionaries will load.

Warning: the above is from memory and may not be correct...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:36 AM   #146
Corpsegoddess
Groupie
Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for adding the "add book to shelf" functionality to the books list. So much quicker and more intuitive!

Now, if we could create a shelf that doesn't exist yet from this operation, that would be special. =D
Corpsegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:51 AM   #147
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Deleted

Last edited by Cdesja5; 10-22-2012 at 01:00 AM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:19 AM   #148
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Yay, was away for the weekend, and my Kobo just uploaded the 2.1.5 firmware.

Never did get the 2.1.4

Steve
Chocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:19 PM   #149
YarnerT
YarnerT is a marvel to beholdYarnerT is a marvel to beholdYarnerT is a marvel to beholdYarnerT is a marvel to beholdYarnerT is a marvel to beholdYarnerT is a marvel to beholdYarnerT is a marvel to beholdYarnerT is a marvel to beholdYarnerT is a marvel to beholdYarnerT is a marvel to beholdYarnerT is a marvel to behold

I'm confused... I thought 2.1.4 was the latest update, and that's what my Kobo touch updated to.
YarnerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:47 PM   #150
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Under device information on the Kobo itself it states;

2.1.5 (r43939, 10/12/12)

Kobo desktop still states 2.1.4 so is wrong.

Steve
Chocky is offline   Reply With Quote