Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-05-2008, 10:35 PM   #1
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
New Here

Hi,

First post and all. I've been a reader of e-books since Ereader was Peanut. Currently, I'm considering purchasing either a Sony Reader or Amazon Kindle.

Looking forward to learning much here.

Dean
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:11 PM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
You'll hear from several Kindle and Sony owners. I'll chime in as a very happy Kindle user. I am honest enough to say that I could also be happy with a Sony reader -- if I could buy my books at Amazon.com! There are some differences in the two devices, but for me the biggest is the Kindle book store at Amazon.

Although an avid reader, I never really wanted to read on my computer, even though I had installed both the software to read Rocket and MobiPocket books. The computer is where I work and can't be held in a comfortable position when reading for relaxation. I can't imagine reading on a PDA or Blackberry, mainly because of the limited screen size. So, when I discovered the Kindle, I was thrilled.

Whichever device you decide upon -- welcome to MobileRead. This place is the home of many books lovingly hand-crafted by volunteers. Check out the downloads in our book forums.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:43 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Dean and welcome to the Forum. I've had a Sony 505 since January and like it a lot. Have also had my hands on a Kindle and like that too. Don't think you'll be unhappy with either

Be sure and let us know what you decide and how you like what you get
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:21 AM   #4
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Another Kindle owner here. As Elsi says the price of books at Amazon is a big seller for the Kindle. Also, with help from great experts here at the forum, several of us are able to checkout ebooks and read books on our Kindles from online libraries that offer ebooks in mobipocket format.

Which ever you choose - ebook readers are fantastic! I find my Kindle easier on the eyes than paper books, and when I get tired I can bump up the type size a notch.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:20 AM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Dean
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:32 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
Another Kindle owner here. As Elsi says the price of books at Amazon is a big seller for the Kindle.
Last time I did a comparison between the top 10 books of the "New York Times" bestseller list, they were pretty much all the same price at Amazon and at my favourite bookstore, Fictionwise.

What Amazon have certainly achieved is to drive down prices at other e-Book stores. I certainly don't think you can truthfully say that Amazon are consistently cheaper than other eBook stores today.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:13 AM   #7
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Greetings, RDaneel54. Enjoy the forum!
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:19 AM   #8
tINmOUSE
(stand in: rOBOTmINION)
tINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watch

Device: none yet. Waiting for Mentor.
turn away from the Sony_of_sorrows. turn away from the kindle-of-err-klickery.

Thy savior be Mentor-of-the-soon-to-be-coming-to-a-web-store-near-you.
so speak-ath the profit... err... prophet Vendor.... venting?... vendith-real-soon?

*sigH* (see the signs already of the slow mental retro-retardation cause by waiting?)
tINmOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:55 AM   #9
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Thanks for the welcome and comments.

Dean
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote