Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-24-2011, 07:45 PM   #1
jian1
Banned
jian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toys

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Standby or turn-off ?

is there any significant battery power difference between these two? as I understand e-ink doesn't require battery (or very minimal) during standby. If the difference isn't significant, I really hated power off and on each time and waiting for the bar to reach to the right most.
jian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:47 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I've never shut off my M90. However, please note that a low battery message does not appear (at least never has for me) while the M90 is asleep.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:30 AM   #3
ssdb
Enthusiast
ssdb began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M90
Quote:
Originally Posted by jian1 View Post
is there any significant battery power difference between these two?
I've started to shut down the device, rather than standby, because I wanted to see how long the battery lasted with normal use.

I charged up Sunday morning and with roughly 2 hours reading per day (sometimes more, sometimes less) the battery meter has gone down 2 little notches for 10 hours reading (leaving I think 5).

I think it is more to do with usage, though. When I first got the device I was opening all sorts of files, changing the SD cards often (it reads the new card when inserted which uses power) and doing Scribbles and playing Sudokus (generally, playing around and getting a feel for the device). Now I'm just opening a book and reading, battery usage seems to be settling down.
ssdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:10 AM   #4
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
My experience with the original Boox 60 is that standby mode uses more battery than switching off. Although with recent firmware updates the situation has improved.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:31 AM   #5
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
E Ink does not require battery power during standby but other components of the reader do. I have the same experience as Pietvo.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:40 AM   #6
micromirko
Enthusiast
micromirko began at the beginning.

Device: Boox 60
Be aware - better use the auto-switch-off mode! I left my Boox in Standby Mode for 2 Days and it's dead now. (too much Power consumption during standby anyway)
micromirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:15 PM   #7
jian1
Banned
jian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toys

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by micromirko View Post
Be aware - better use the auto-switch-off mode! I left my Boox in Standby Mode for 2 Days and it's dead now. (too much Power consumption during standby anyway)
was it on the new firmware or the old one? what I don't like about turned-off is that the restart took a while and I frequently read this thing several times per day
jian1 is offline   Reply With Quote