Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-11-2010, 04:53 PM   #1
Frank Lowney
frank.lowney
Frank Lowney began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
WYSIWYG UI Features Matrix

In working briefly with Sigil which is new to me, it seems obvious that the WYSIWYG UI is much less capable than the raw code UI. Many of the postings here relate to working with the raw code.

That's all fine and good but I would like to get a handle on what the Sigil WYSIWYG UI can do in relation to all that is possible with the ePub standard. I think that a simple matrix would do. Then, other options such as the expensive Adobe InDesign application could be added.

Knowing what is and isn't currently possible in the WYSIWYG UI might lead to user input for prioritizing what gets incorporated into the UI next. I assume that the goal is for the WYSIWYG UI to grow in capability over time.
Frank Lowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:10 PM   #2
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Frank,

The comparison table of features available vs those still pending sounds good. It would help users to understand what Sigil can, and cannot, do at any given time. However a GUI, while quite capable, will never be better or more capable than code view.

As for prioritizing things, it seems to me that it would get a bit complicated. It really just depends on whether Valloric knows how to implement a feature. So we can ask until we're blue in the face but it might not happen in our preferred order.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2010, 07:44 AM   #3
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Features

Frank,

The author, Valloric, is a graduate student who is shoehorning Sigil into his graduate work. From what I understand his priorities are squashing bugs in this program which is still in beta, quickly implementing features which are easy to do and finally working on majorly needed features. All this with a backdrop of having to depend on underlying software written by others which is changed on him causing failures or performance issues in Sigil.

If there is a feature which is desired or something which needs fixing, posting it to the tracker, http://code.google.com/p/sigil/issues/list, keeps it where it has his attention.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote