Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like Chocolate?
NO - The thought of it makes me queasy. 1 1.64%
NO - But I'll eat it to get at the liqueur. 2 3.28%
NO - But I will eat it to be polite when offered. 1 1.64%
YES - On special occasions. 17 27.87%
YES - Every day. 24 39.34%
YES - I would sell my body for it. 16 26.23%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2009, 09:28 AM   #106
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Once brought a Hersey's peanut butter chocolate bar back for a friend. Haven't spoken to him in years.
yes, i've got friends who would stop speaking to me after treatment like that.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:28 AM   #107
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Once brought a Hersey's peanut butter chocolate bar back for a friend. Haven't spoken to him in years.

that was after ....?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2009, 09:44 AM   #108
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Cadbury cream aggs are not chocolate. They are a confectionery. Anyone who says they are chocolate is a culinary barbarian, and I will beat you to death with my fondue spoon.
That is not a fondue spoon. It is a soup spoon. Anyone who thinks a soup spoon is a freaking fondue spoon is probably a steeeenking cheese lover, and I will stab you to death with my butter knife bon-bon server.

Last edited by vivaldirules; 01-11-2009 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Thanks, mjh.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:46 AM   #109
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
are those an american thing ? i've never seen them here.
I presume so. Europeans don't seem to like peanut butter as much as Americans.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:51 AM   #110
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
That is not a fondue spoon. It is a soup spoon. Anyone who thinks a soup spoon is a freaking fondue spoon is probably a steeeenking cheese lover, and I will stab you to death with my butter knife.
I started questioning my sanity once when we were selling out at the fleamarket and had a variety of antique silverware (you know, actual silver) and learned there was such a thing as a 'bon-bon server'. Which interestingly enough bon-bon's are on topic... Go figure...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2009, 09:51 AM   #111
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I presume so. Europeans don't seem to like peanut butter as much as Americans.
it's not used in the same way here. here, the most common place to find it is in the african grocery stores, and they use it as an ingredient for savoury dishes and sauces. a girlfriend of mine was a fille au paire in chicago for a year and she shudders in repulsion at the mention of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches which she had to make for the children's lunches. i think nobody would buy peanut butter candy here. here it's much more common to use hazelnuts and hazelnut paste.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:55 AM   #112
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
it's not used in the same way here. here, the most common place to find it is in the african grocery stores, and they use it as an ingredient for savoury dishes and sauces. a girlfriend of mine was a fille au paire in chicago for a year and she shudders in repulsion at the mention of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches which she had to make for the children's lunches. i think nobody would buy peanut butter candy here. here it's much more common to use hazelnuts and hazelnut paste.

Ewwww that looks gross.

You guys have nutella, we have peanut butter.

I'm going to have to send you to some peanut butter now
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:56 AM   #113
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Ewwww that looks gross.

You guys have nutella, we have peanut butter.

I'm going to have to send you to some peanut butter now
it's okay, i can get some if i need some. but thanks for the thought !
Old 01-11-2009, 09:57 AM   #114
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

oh - no - we have plenty of varieties in peanut butter ....
Old 01-11-2009, 09:57 AM   #115
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Peanut butter is a popular sandwich filling in the UK.
I love crunchy pb, and tried it with jam; it works surprisingly well - although the calorific content is astronomical .
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:58 AM   #116
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Peanut butter is a popular sandwich filling in the UK.
I love crunchy pb, and tried it with jam; it works surprisingly well - although the calorific content is astronomical .

Very astronomical - full of protein, sugar and salt - too ....
Old 01-11-2009, 10:00 AM   #117
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Cadburys Creme Eggs (and all their ilk) = chocolate-flaoured confectionary, not real chocolate at all.

The yeti loves peanut butter, I can't stand it (despite once using Marc's quote in my sig!). He'll even eat Reeses peanut butter cups (our local Sainsbury's (supermarket) garage sells them)

Last edited by ShortNCuddlyAm; 01-11-2009 at 10:10 AM.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:02 AM   #118
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
I'm starting to get hungry for a Peanut Butter and Jam sandwich myself... Jam spreads easier then Jelly IMHO... With a big glass of cow-juice...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:03 AM   #119
GeoffC

buttercups
Old 01-11-2009, 10:05 AM   #120
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Cadburys Creme Eggs (and all their ilk) = chocolate-flaoured confectionary, not real chocolate at all.
Hmmm. I wonder if it would be possible to very carefully unwrap a creme egg, keeping the foil intact, split it exactly down the seam of the two halves, carefully remove the creme egg filling, replace it with Marmite, join the two halfs together again so that they remain stuck, and then re-wrap in the foil and make it look like it was a perfectly normal egg....
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
peanut butter cookie, recipe