Notices

Old 12-07-2010, 07:17 AM   #1
pleabargain
pleabargain began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Kindle and Calibre user with problem importing large library into Calibre

Greetings. I like to read

I joined this forum looking for help with Calibre

I can't get it to load my library of e-books (over 80K).

Any tips on how to get my library loaded? Calibre ...7.32 keeps dying around 16k books. I've posted a bug but RAM overload is not a Calibre bug apparently. (I have four gigs).

Don't get me wrong. I love Calibre. I use it nearly everyday but it does NOT want to load my complete library.

Help appreciated.
Dennis
pleabargain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:19 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by pleabargain View Post
I can't get it to load my library of e-books (over 80K).....
Don't get me wrong. I love Calibre. I use it nearly everyday but it does NOT want to load my complete library.
When you say "load my library" are you referring to the initial import into the library from your original ebook source formats, or are you referring to startup of the GUI after successfully importing the books?

If it's the former, then load in smaller batches. If it's the latter, start it up from the command line with "calibre-debug -g" and report any error messages.

(If you've already reported this, then my temp solution would be to split the library.)
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert