Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-26-2008, 01:17 AM   #1351
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Google, MS, the RIAA and the MPAA (and so on...)

She might, and she'd likely be very well-justified. But I wonder how many of the undead she has come across herself.

Hordes of pan-dimensional, hyper-intelligent meta-evil Pirate Ninja squirrels? That currently infest my armoury? That actually say their laughter (that is, they don't giggle, they just look at you with wild diamante eyes and say "Giggle!!!")?

I mean, sure, there's no way I would go up against Ricky's cats without a pitchfork and a resolute deathwish, but, you know...squirrels - they're more than they seem, and more than the mind can imagine without going rrrriiiIIIIP-POP!-boioioioioinnnnnngggggg. Man, what a rush!

Cherrys,
Cram
Hordes of pan-dimensional, hyper-intelligent meta-evil Pirate Ninja squirrels????? Damn, what wouldn't I give to see THAT in a movie! Or at least in a book (e-book of course)
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:33 AM   #1352
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Hordes of pan-dimensional, hyper-intelligent meta-evil Pirate Ninja squirrels????? Damn, what wouldn't I give to see THAT in a movie! Or at least in a book (e-book of course)
i know ! right ? we keep telling him... you should tell him too. maybe he'll listen to *you.*
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:03 AM   #1353
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I think Ricky's cats should be in the movie, too.

The main concern is that they might decide to team up against the rest of us....
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:00 AM   #1354
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I think Ricky's cats should be in the movie, too.
They're not cats; they're the pan-dimensional, hyper-intelligent, meta-evil, pirate ninja time-travelling squirrels in disguise. And all those insects and other nasties that plague Ricky are simply their technological minions carrying out extremely complicated tests to evaluate our resistance to biological and nano-technology attacks. And don't get me started about the psychological stress they are applying to attempt to determine our breaking points. We only have two hopes:
  1. Ricky is so strong they give up and leave us alone
  2. Ricky manages to fool them into thinking we are weak, and so their eventual attacks for world domination are based on weapons that are ineffectual.
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm staying under the bed in the bunker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
The main concern is that they might decide to team up against the rest of us....
It's to late, Its too darn late....
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:13 PM   #1355
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Zelda (I think it originally had another title) by dadaist Man Ray.

"When I saw I was under attack from all sides, I knew I was on the right track." - Man Ray
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:14 PM   #1356
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
vr, that is one of my favorite man ray photos. thank you.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:09 PM   #1357
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Zelda (I think it originally had another title)...

Le Violon d'Ingres

I'd not heard of it referred to as "Zelda"? It's of the model, Kiki (Alice Prin).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:47 AM   #1358
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Your majesty, Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen (etc, etc, you know who (what?) you are), allow me to introduce the phenomenon that is...

.... Mr. Winkle!
Attached Images

Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:55 AM   #1359
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
Your majesty, Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen (etc, etc, you know who (what?) you are), allow me to introduce the phenomenon that is...

.... Mr. Winkle!
Dear god! Whomever designed Mr. Winkle's homepage should be contaced by the 80's since they would like their colorschemes back... horrendous, bad bad bad!
Old 10-08-2008, 07:01 AM   #1360
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Dear god! Whomever designed Mr. Winkle's homepage should be contaced by the 80's since they would like their colorschemes back... horrendous, bad bad bad!
Nonsense. It's just another site trying to protect us from the evils of images hacking into our brains.....

What I want to know is what Mindy was looking for on the web that caused her to stumble onto Mr. Winkle.

<pause>

I do hope that means I haven't just Frak'd off the Fairy..... I think I'll just take cover on the off-chance....
Old 10-08-2008, 07:04 AM   #1361
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Nonsense. It's just another site trying to protect us from the evils of images hacking into our brains.....

What I want to know is what Mindy was looking for on the web that caused her to stumble onto Mr. Winkle.

<pause>

I do hope that means I haven't just Frak'd off the Fairy..... I think I'll just take cover on the off-chance....
Hmmmm.. Mr. Winkle eh? Yeah, that does raise the question:

What WERE you looking for Mindy?
Old 10-08-2008, 01:37 PM   #1362
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Not I. I was compromised by a 3rd party and felt the need to spread it around.
He 'does' greetings cards.
'Nuff said.
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:46 PM   #1363
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Quote:
.... Mr. Winkle!
Whoof whoof
Pant pant
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:50 PM   #1364
LazyScot
DSil

Quote:
Not I. I was compromised by a 3rd party and felt the need to spread it around.
He 'does' greetings cards.
'Nuff said.
And there was me thinking you'd been looking for a shellfish vendor.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:28 PM   #1365
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Arf! I'm not sure if we should kiss it or eat it, Barcey. Arf, arf!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!, fun with avatars, thwack!, unutterable silliness, zelda