Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-14-2010, 09:32 PM   #1
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Cool Leisure/Dorchester Horror Recommendations

Last night, I found out that Dorchester has made a number of their horror novels (which I still think of as the Leisure Horror line ) available in nook editions for $2.99. (The others are all under $6, I think.) These include authors ranging from Edward Lee (very hardcore) to Richard Laymon (also hardcore) to John Everson.

Does anyone have recommendations of Dorchester horror novels? I've been avoiding Edward Lee for a while because everytime I read a review, it stresses the sex and gore content. But I figured, what the hell (pun intended).

Edited to Add: I tried to search the Kindle store for similar pricing, but I couldn't tell. I was in a horror, I mean hurry, because I was typing this on a little bitty netook in a B&N that is closing soon. My Internetz are down until the new Internetz are installed, oh, and all your base are belong to us.

P.S. Leisure also has a lot of their Westerns available for $2.99 or $3.99 on the nook. These are cheaper than Wal-Mart prices.

Last edited by Critteranne; 07-14-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
djpyle
Writer
djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Oasis, Paperwhite 1, iPhone 6+
At least a couple of Brian Keene's books are $2.99 in B&N's store. I've always been a big fan of his. I know Urban Gothic and Darkness on the Edge of Town have the $2.99 price tag. There might be others as well.
djpyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
dorchester, horror, nook