Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 04-28-2010, 11:30 AM   #1
hoosier
hoosier began at the beginning.

Device: still deciding
newbie question

Hi all - total noob here (not to be confused with a Nook) - considering this Jetbook newegg deal and thankfully I found this forum before I purchased.....anyway - quick background - i'm going to buy my wife a Nook for mothers day. Really like the ability to download via 3g network. I'd also like to be able to share books that she's purchased from time to time, but don't need the fancy Nook. So.....if I go with a Jetbook-Lite, will I be able to read on it the books she's purchased from B&N's website? Anything special I need to know about doing this?

Thanks so much - I have a ton to learn!
hoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Hoosier. Lots of enthusiastic Nook users here, so your questions should soon be answered. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2010, 12:59 PM   #3
hoosier

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Good to have your company, Hoosier. Lots of enthusiastic Nook users here, so your questions should soon be answered. Best wishes. Neil
thanks Niel - I hope I hear the "right" answer because the perfect solution for our household might be 1 Nook and 1 JBL, but that'll only work if we can share books! I'm encouraged by what I've read about the JBL working with the B&N format now that it's received a firmware update.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:54 PM   #4
hoosier

ok, so i continue to read and learn, and for some reason can't find the answer to my new question - If I buy a jetbook, where do I buy books? I'm talkin the best seller types, not the free route. Can I buy from B&N? I think I know amazon is a no-go. Sony Store? other stores? Any that are better or worse than others?

thanks in advance
Old 04-29-2010, 12:20 AM   #5
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
ok, so i continue to read and learn, and for some reason can't find the answer to my new question - If I buy a jetbook, where do I buy books? I'm talkin the best seller types, not the free route. Can I buy from B&N? I think I know amazon is a no-go. Sony Store? other stores? Any that are better or worse than others?

thanks in advance
yes, if you buy jetBook-lite you can buy new books from B&N website (almost all books available in PDB (eReader) format) and books from www.ereader.com and fictionwise.com websites.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert