Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #91
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Might the book be found at the library? They wouldn't mind...
Not a bad idea but I doubt that I could find those in a regular library, but the university library, being a national depository, should have it.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:18 PM   #92
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
They don't do that in the US? Is it an insurance problem?
They do, but Sweden had the reputation for the surgeries when I was growing up.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2012, 03:15 AM   #93
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You grew up in the 50's??
Old 08-27-2012, 07:23 PM   #94
Santos
Avid Reader
Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle
Ahhh yea, College books $$$$$

Couldn't imagine if they would charge that for ebook versions of text books lol
Santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #95
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Eh... speak up, deary. I can barely hear you.

Advert
Old 08-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #96
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santos View Post
Ahhh yea, College books $$$$$

Couldn't imagine if they would charge that for ebook versions of text books lol
They do! Someone on here paid $400 for medical text Kindle book that could only be used on one device at a time.

I told them to get a refund. I don't know if they ever did.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:55 PM   #97
Santos
Avid Reader
Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
They do! Someone on here paid $400 for medical text Kindle book that could only be used on one device at a time.

I told them to get a refund. I don't know if they ever did.
What?!?!?!/! That is pure non sense
Old 08-28-2012, 11:11 PM   #98
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santos View Post
What?!?!?!/! That is pure non sense
I think if I paid that much for a digital copy I expect it to be DRM free and be able to put it on any device. The device restriction was why they was asking for help if I remember right.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:33 PM   #99
Santos
Avid Reader

yea for that much, if I couldn't put it on any device I would flip shit
Old 08-30-2012, 03:41 PM   #100
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Yeah. After that, people seem to have stopped growing up...
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #101
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon View Post
Yeah. After that, people seem to have stopped growing up...
Nor have they been able to write any good music if they grew up after the 50's
Old 08-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #102
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Nor have they been able to write any good music if they grew up after the 50's
Wanna bet? How about this classic?

Old 08-30-2012, 04:57 PM   #103
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Monkey music, anthropoid a cappella, simian soul, ape acoustics, baboon bebop, chimpanzee classics, scamp swing, orangutan opera, rascal ragtime.

Take your choice.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:28 AM   #104
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
I don't feel I could tell the shop owner the reason I want to take a picture of a book cover. I'm not going to buy anything, probably ever, in his store, so taking a photo to us with my digital book collection seems like crossing a line.
When I'm in a store and I see something that interests me, I'll take a picture so I can put it on my list later and remember where I saw it. The camera on my phone has taken the place of writing a note that will get lost in my purse.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:56 AM   #105
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
When I'm in a store and I see something that interests me, I'll take a picture so I can put it on my list later and remember where I saw it. The camera on my phone has taken the place of writing a note that will get lost in my purse.
For books You can use a barcode scanner app and GoodReads app to add it to your To Read shelf or any shelf you choose. It's a pretty neat feature. I've done this with my paperback collection. You just scan the bar code then it looks it up and adds it for you. Saves time and space!

I think Amazon has a similar app too for everything including books with the barcode scanner feature.

Last edited by Blossom; 09-09-2012 at 04:02 AM.