Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-01-2010, 10:45 AM   #1
p1000
p1000 began at the beginning.

Device: ipaq 114
Open and save an epub in sigil - won't load in Freda

Hi All,

Excellent forum and community activity !

Maybe I do something wrong, but I experience the following behavior.
I have an epub, that I created by :
1. Load a pdf in Acrobat Pro 9, Save as HTML 3.
2. HTML to epub conversion via latest Calibre.

I can open this epub both on the PC via Adobe Digital Editions and on my ipaq via Freda.

Now I just open this epub on Sigil, and do a Save/Save As. No editing.
The new epub is opened OK on Adobe Digital Editions, but on Freda it seems to never finish the loading. It just give the running wheel for ever.
I do see that Sigil generated some TOC entries. I removed those but this does not seems to solve it.

Have anyone seen this ? Am I missing something ?

When I ran epubcheck on the file before and after the Sigil operation, it shows the same errors. Even after fixing those, I get the same problem.

This issue is not critical to me, as I am waiting for two or three month to decide which Ebook reader to buy, so I will not use Freda much.
( New Kindle looks good - but lacks epub support, and I want to see what will the Hanlin A6 be like )
p1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:32 PM   #2
Jim Chapman
Addict
Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lumia 950 Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1000 View Post
Hi All,

Excellent forum and community activity !

Maybe I do something wrong, but I experience the following behavior.
I have an epub, that I created by :
1. Load a pdf in Acrobat Pro 9, Save as HTML 3.
2. HTML to epub conversion via latest Calibre.

I can open this epub both on the PC via Adobe Digital Editions and on my ipaq via Freda.

Now I just open this epub on Sigil, and do a Save/Save As. No editing.
The new epub is opened OK on Adobe Digital Editions, but on Freda it seems to never finish the loading. It just give the running wheel for ever.
I do see that Sigil generated some TOC entries. I removed those but this does not seems to solve it.
Hi,

Could you check a few things for me:
1) Are you running the latest version of Freda? (the initial screen should say Freda 2.0 and build number 104) - if not, please download the latest version from http://www.turnipsoft.co.uk/freda
2) Did Freda create a log file? (it will be in the file logfile.txt, in the Freda program folder) - if so, please email it to me at jim@turnipsoft.co.uk
3) If possible, please can you send me the book that Freda cannot open (i.e. the one saved by Sigil) - and I will debug and report back.

Thanks,

Jim
Jim Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
freda, sigil