Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 05:24 PM   #61
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
Apple never said it was the software. In fact, it never was anything except bad reception, due to bad antenna coverage.

Actually it does. I have a friend who can reproduce this problem on his 3GS.

Lets see how far that gets, since the 'leak' is apparently the person who did the tour for the media in Apples new facilities yesterday. That really speaks against it I would say...
Apple said the algorithm for the reception is wrong and it's a software problem. Only after the consumer reports review they changed their minds.

You have to test the mobile phones in scientific reviews. The videos from Apple on the press conference weren't scientific (despite the fact that they almost hold the whole hand over the mobile phones and who knows if they used some kind of dampening metal hand cream to increase the problem).

Your or my personal experiences aren't scientific truth.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:46 PM   #62
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Don't worry, I do change the world.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:57 AM   #63
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
who knows if they used some kind of dampening metal hand cream to increase the problem).
Oh please. A touch of paranoia there, don't you think?
Old 07-18-2010, 03:51 AM   #64
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I do not think it is a Paranoia.
Perhaps an aftereffect of coming into contact with Reality Distortion Field ;-)
Old 07-18-2010, 04:17 AM   #65
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The one thing I'm saying is that these mobile phone videos aren't scientifically reviewed. There are several options to let other mobile phones look bad.

Somebody asked in the QA session if Steve Jobs could demonstrate it. He wasn't able to.

Ergo: Don't treat these videos as scientific valid. They may or may not be true.

Last edited by joblack; 07-18-2010 at 04:21 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:19 AM   #66
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
I accept your apology.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:23 AM   #67
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Apple said the algorithm for the reception is wrong and it's a software problem. Only after the consumer reports review they changed their minds.
Those two problems are unrelated. One thing is whether or not the antenna is badly designed, the other one is wrong display of signal strength. The latter has already been fixed in iOS4.0.1.

Also, Apple acknowledged the problem on the 2nd of July, Consumer Reports didn't have a thorough review of the iPhone 4 before the 12th of July.

Quote:
You have to test the mobile phones in scientific reviews. The videos from Apple on the press conference weren't scientific (despite the fact that they almost hold the whole hand over the mobile phones and who knows if they used some kind of dampening metal hand cream to increase the problem).

Your or my personal experiences aren't scientific truth.
I don't get what you mean by "The videos from Apple on the press conference weren't scientific". Didn't you see how they showcased their professional testing facilities?
Old 07-18-2010, 04:34 AM   #68
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Somebody asked in the QA session if Steve Jobs could demonstrate it. He wasn't able to.
Wasn't able to, or didn't attempt to?
Old 07-18-2010, 09:21 AM   #69
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Wasn't able to, or didn't attempt to?
Steve Jobs did a really bad job fielding the questions.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:03 AM   #70
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Quote:
I accept your apology.
you misunderstood. that wasn't an apology. you're a crackpot. so I guess your misunderstanding is expected.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #71
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Steve Jobs did a really bad job fielding the questions.
I really don't think he has been the same since his health issues, which led to a liver transplant. He is a living legend, and should stay as the head of Apple. But, it may be time to bring out a fresh young face and mind, to handle the media.....

I have personally never liked the guy (I always liked Wozniak "Woz"), but I have to respect his business sense, and ability's. Like Gates he is hated for his success, but between the two of them they have done a lot..... Most of it good.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:31 PM   #72
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
you're a crackpot. so I guess your misunderstanding is expected.
I hope your unacceptable behavior is not symptomatic for all Apple users?
Old 07-18-2010, 02:41 PM   #73
scottjl
Reader of Books

Quote:
I hope your unacceptable behavior is not symptomatic for all Apple users?
yawn. you can't come up with anything better than the fanboi card?

FYI. I have more systems running Linux than MacOS. so I guess that makes my behavior typical for a Linux user.

i guess you're kind a bored since irex went bankrupt 'eh?

Last edited by scottjl; 07-18-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #74
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
yawn. you can't come up with anything better than the fanboi card?
i guess you're kind a bored since irex went bankrupt 'eh?
I was talking about your unacceptable behavior. And your spelling is an absolute catastrophe. Show more respect to the other forum participants.

Last edited by joblack; 07-18-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:08 PM   #75
scottjl
Reader of Books

wow. you're digging deep. first the fanboi card and now grammar police? you going to rickroll me next? don't they miss you over in the irex form? run along.

Last edited by scottjl; 07-18-2010 at 04:19 PM.
Closed Thread