Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-28-2009, 08:48 AM   #1
retro
Groupie
retro doesn't litterretro doesn't litterretro doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara Blue PRS 350
Colors for the 300??

At the Sony store and online, they have the 300 in silver, rose and blue. But, I've seen references to the 300 in black and I wondered if anyone knows where those are available? Most places only carry silver, like Walmart, but I can't find a black one online anywhere. Was it a special deal when they were first released?
retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:50 AM   #2
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
The "black" is actually navy/blue
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2009, 09:20 AM   #3
retro
Groupie

No, there is black. Actually, Sam's club has them online. I don't go to Sam's or have a membership. Maybe it's a special for them??
Old 11-28-2009, 09:34 PM   #4
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I think I remember reading something about a misprint on the labels. It says black on the box but it's actually navy. (Not 100% but I think it also says red when it's actually rose.) I could be wrong though.
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:42 AM   #5
retro
Groupie

Yeah, it's a misprint. I went to Fry's and talked the guy into opening the box. They had 2 300's with stickers that said they were black, but the reader was blue, the one with the purple edge.
Advert
Old 11-29-2009, 07:48 AM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post
The "black" is actually navy/blue
Yep. There is no Black 300, but the Navy is almost black.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote