Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #1
fogice
Groupie
fogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Libra 2
? Change page navigation in PW1

I find myself constantly tapping outside of the 'approved' area for advancing to the next page on my Paperwhite 1, and instead bringing up menus.

It would be much better if it would allow me to tap anywhere on the screen to advance to the next page, while going back a page or bringing up menus would be accomplished with swipes in various directions.

Is there a hack that makes the Paperwhite navigate pages this way, or is it even feasible? I've tried to search this forum to no avail, but if I missed it, let me know.
fogice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:35 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
tap on side edges, not the top edge.

See the tap zones layout in the included User's Manual of your device.

- - - -

How do you propose to differentiate between a swipe to highlight a phrase and a swipe to turn the pages, select the menus, or do something else?

- - - -

Ans:
There have been posts on changing the tap zones, but I don't have the links handy.

Last edited by knc1; 06-04-2014 at 10:38 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2014, 10:45 AM   #3
fogice
Groupie
fogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Libra 2
"Tap zones" was the phrase I needed. Thanks!
fogice is offline   Reply With Quote