Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-16-2012, 08:32 PM   #61
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
btw, mr. chicken, came across a listing where it was specifically stated that they requested the new property owners to take on the chickens
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:57 PM   #62
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Hey, wheres Ricky Macveety? Or Dixie Chick?

Anyone know?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2012, 10:26 PM   #63
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
DixieGal still pops in and out and her last post was here on the 12th. RickyMaveety hasn't been around since 2011 as life got busier and busier. Her last post was here.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #64
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Dreams.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:36 AM   #65
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Today is the 17th........

more shopping days.........unless your the CircleK type.......

Advert
Old 12-18-2012, 04:01 AM   #66
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
(excuse; haven't been around much lately...busy,busy...)

ooooooooooooooooooooo

MY VERY BEST WISHES FOR ALL, FOR THE COMING YEAR!
I hope you all will keep up and be well,

Jacqueline

Last edited by desertblues; 01-21-2013 at 09:56 AM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:47 AM   #67
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
(excuse; haven't been around much lately...busy,busy...)

ooooooooooooooooooooo

MY VERY BEST WISHES FOR ALL, FOR THE COMING YEAR!
I hope you all will keep up and be well,

Jacqueline
And may your holidays be not only wonderful but a prelude to a wonderful 2013. We appreciate when you do post. Some of us live our lives of adventure vicariously through your travels. Stay safe, Jacqueline!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:15 AM   #68
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

If nothing else........I'm grateful for seeing so many "old friends" show up here!!

more shopping days left.....AND you even have another weekend to peruse the mall with.....think of the fun!

Old 12-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #69
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:20 PM   #70
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
If nothing else........I'm grateful for seeing so many "old friends" show up here!!

more shopping days left.....AND you even have another weekend to peruse the mall with.....think of the fun!

The opening lines of that one always drive me a bit crazy.

Quote:
You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen,
Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen.,
But do you recall?
The most famous reindeer of all?
Well, duh! If he's the most famous, why is the singer asking if we remember him, especially if it's obvious from the lyrics that we have no difficulty remembering other less-famous reindeer? If the listeners can recall Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen; then surely they can recall the one whose fame exceeds all the ones mentioned.

This song makes no sense.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:00 AM   #71
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
The opening lines of that one always drive me a bit crazy.

Well, duh! If he's the most famous, why is the singer asking if we remember him, especially if it's obvious from the lyrics that we have no difficulty remembering other less-famous reindeer? If the listeners can recall Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen; then surely they can recall the one whose fame exceeds all the ones mentioned.

This song makes no sense.
You expected sense in a song about a fat guy who flies through the air on a sleigh pulled by a team of reindeer and that will be grounded by fog unless he finds a reindeer with a glowing nose?
Old 12-19-2012, 08:46 AM   #72
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
You expected sense in a song about a fat guy who flies through the air on a sleigh pulled by a team of reindeer and that will be grounded by fog unless he finds a reindeer with a glowing nose?
excuse me.........are you dissing Santa???

I foresee coal in your stocking!!!

more shopping days left, people.....are you ready???

A little Mannheim Steamroller Renaissance Christmas.......

Old 12-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #73
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #74
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Can I please have some cheese with my whine that here I sit with smoke getting out of my ears planning the last days, what still to buy food wise, what to defreeze when and what to cook and whatever is left to clean
But: tree is decorated, cards sent, presents wrapped, tablecloths ironed, fresh bed sheets at the ready etc etc and still it seems nothing is moving
For me here it's December 24 the big day, shopping has to be finished and me frantically coordinating cooking for the special dinner...
(my first MR countdown!)
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #75
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
Can I please have some cheese with my whine that here I sit with smoke getting out of my ears planning the last days, what still to buy food wise, what to defreeze when and what to cook and whatever is left to clean
But: tree is decorated, cards sent, presents wrapped, tablecloths ironed, fresh bed sheets at the ready etc etc and still it seems nothing is moving
For me here it's December 24 the big day, shopping has to be finished and me frantically coordinating cooking for the special dinner...
(my first MR countdown!)
Welcome to our world, Chi Cygni.

You've gotten more done than I could even attempt.

You have the hard stuff done.....and think of this......they won't remember all the work you went to......they'll remember the good conversation, the hugs, the laughter.......so try to relax and just enjoy your company......