Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-08-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
Thumbs up Kindle 3 Accessory Kit by Crazy Digital

I want to share this to all: So I saw this great deal on Amazon on Oct 4th. And went ahead and buy it, it was price $12.99 at the time now it's $14.99. It arrived today this morning.

Here's the link where you can buy it.

Anyway, it's a great steal. I only buy it bec of the car charger. I was searching for a car charger but found this instead. It has a Leather Book Cover, Screen Protector, Car Charger, Wall Charger, Extra USB cord, Head Phone and a wrist band from Crazy Digital.

Here's the pics:

Accessory all in.

As you can see the Shift and Back keys are still visible and accessable.

Crazy Digital Embose/Engrave name at the back.

About the book cover the leather has a nice feel to it, very soft and smooth it's very light compared to my Hot Pink Kindle Lighted Book Cover. It fits perfectly, the straps on the bottom doesn't cover the shift and back keys. The bottom keys on the Kindle is still accessable too. I tried shaking it (but not too far on my bed) too to see how strongly it helds the Kindle 3 and it passed. It holds it very securedly. I can't believe I only paid $13 bucks for all of these, original price is $70 for all. So if all of you wants a book cover for your Kindle3 that doesn't cost you an arm and a leg this Accessory Kit is a great buy. I recommend you buy it.

I love how it makes my Kindle lighter to hold now compared with the Kindle Lighted Book Cover, but the plus with Kindle Lighted Book Cover is that it has a built in book light, the book light is the only thing that's missing on this kit. But I still love it.

Note on the screen protector though, it looks shiny so I didn't put it on my Kindle yet I'm afraid there might be lots of glare with it. I was hoping it would be a matte finished. But since these are just extra when I only want the car charger, I couldn't complained.
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:31 PM   #2
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Very,very nice and a good buy.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2010, 02:48 PM   #3
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
That looks like a good kit, diokdin. Does the charger in your kit seem of good quality?

I'm not in the market for one, but after reading your post I was curious about trying to find just a car charger for the Kindle and found this deal at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Generation-Ear...6563152&sr=8-9 87% savings! It doesn't have the cover, but a car charger for only $3.99....hmmm...

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:15 PM   #4
diokdin
Groupie

^Yeah I saw that too. The car charger is cheap looking but it does works well. As you can see on my picture above it is a different look than what is advertise in the picture of their ads. The one in their ads looks much better I think. Actually I saw a bunch of car charger that only cost you less but I opted of buying the accessory kit bec it has extra just in case you loose yours, you have something on hand.

Here are links:

This here is still $3.99 but has the USB wire instead of the head set: http://www.amazon.com/CrazyOnDigital...564349&sr=1-34

Here's a $.99 car charger with retractable USB, it doesn't say Kindle 3 but it looks like it will work on K3: http://www.amazon.com/CrazyOnDigital...564446&sr=1-92

Another one (car &wall charger) with screen protector cost $1.99: http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Travel-...64492&sr=1-123

Just the car charger cost $.01: http://www.amazon.com/CrazyOnDigital...64521&sr=1-126

I wish what they gave me (the car charger) is the one on the picture, but it does work so it's ok.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:11 PM   #5
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Hmmm, I was looking at covers for my K3 on Amazon and ones exactly like that are $12-14 alone. Indeed, I had bid on one for $12.99 and got outbit (why people do that when there are like a dozen others with no bids is beyond me).
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2010, 11:53 PM   #6
Esquire1
Banned
Esquire1 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3 wifi; PRS-500 (gone); iPad NOT for reading e-books ;)
What, no review of the wrist band?
Esquire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:16 AM   #7
magicmonster
Groupie
magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color, & Dell Axim X50v
Go direct to crazyondigital.com and order direct. The have the same combo pack for $9.99 and the shipping is $2.97. They are based in California. For us persons that live in states that Amazon is required to charge taxes on it would be a better deal (cheaper deal and no state taxes). I have not dealt with them. I am interested in the following docking station.

http://crazyondigital.com/cod-kindle3-cradle-wr.html
magicmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:23 AM   #8
diokdin
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
Hmmm, I was looking at covers for my K3 on Amazon and ones exactly like that are $12-14 alone. Indeed, I had bid on one for $12.99 and got outbit (why people do that when there are like a dozen others with no bids is beyond me).
Guess they didn't see the others that doesn't have any bids or they just don't know how to use the search engine. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esquire1 View Post
What, no review of the wrist band?
LOL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmonster View Post
Go direct to crazyondigital.com and order direct. The have the same combo pack for $9.99 and the shipping is $2.97. They are based in California. For us persons that live in states that Amazon is required to charge taxes on it would be a better deal (cheaper deal and no state taxes). I have not dealt with them. I am interested in the following docking station.

Shoot! Wish I went to their site directly save $3 more dollars but $12 is still not bad, so it's okay.

I was looking at that docking too but thought I might not use it as often since I always put my K3 on it's book cover. It sure is nice though...
Old 10-09-2010, 11:31 AM   #9
jezebel
Fanatic
jezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kindle Fire (5th Gen), Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmonster View Post

They have what looks like the same exact kit for $12.99 here. I wonder what the difference is. One say black leather case, the other says premium black leather case, but they look the same to me.
jezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:40 AM   #10
diokdin
Groupie

^I notice that too. It doesn't look any difference. At all. Looks the same to me.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:13 PM   #11
jezebel
Fanatic
jezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezebel View Post
They have what looks like the same exact kit for $12.99 here. I wonder what the difference is. One say black leather case, the other says premium black leather case, but they look the same to me.

heh... looks like they caught that and split the difference. Guess I shoulda ordered yesterday.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:57 PM   #12
diokdin
Groupie

Quote:
heh... looks like they caught that and split the difference. Guess I shoulda ordered yesterday.
Yeah...the price is the same now.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:26 PM   #13
jezebel
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by diokdin View Post
Yeah...the price is the same now.
A dollar more than yesterday. They also raised prices on some other things I was looking at.

I did buy the accessory kit today, anyway, so I'd have a spare cover, charger and plus the auto charger.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:32 PM   #14
diokdin
Groupie

Quote:
A dollar more than yesterday. They also raised prices on some other things I was looking at.

I did buy the accessory kit today, anyway, so I'd have a spare cover, charger and plus the auto charger.
Yeah, for that price it is still a great deal than buying it individually. But I know what you feel every penny/dollar counts.

I always like to have spares, just in case that's why I bought this when I saw it before it goes up again. Saw someone's else review that the price was lower and then it went up...
Old 10-12-2010, 06:37 PM   #15
kermalou
kermalou has learned how to read e-bookskermalou has learned how to read e-bookskermalou has learned how to read e-bookskermalou has learned how to read e-bookskermalou has learned how to read e-bookskermalou has learned how to read e-bookskermalou has learned how to read e-books

Device: K3
Be careful, one of the sets that I ordered had a broken usb cable and car charger.
kermalou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accessory kit, book cover, car charger, kindle 3