Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-26-2010, 08:47 AM   #1
Bro Pete
Connoisseur
Bro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Sony PRS 650
Music Problem on 650

I hope you guys can help me. I put a couple of albums on my PRS 650 to listen while reading. When I wanted to turn it off it seems the only option is to pause. Afterwards I would get a message asking if I wanted to resume playing the audio.

The only way I could get rid of the message was to delete the music from my 650. This is my first ereader and so I don't know how other readers have handled this problem.

Is there a stop button? I've read the manual and don't see any mention of stoping play in there.

(yes albums, I realize some of you know nothing of non-digital music, but just like books used to be printed on paper, music was recorded on vinyl. So I was listening to a digital file of an analog vinyl recording of Art Blakey, complete with pops, scratches and all.)
Bro Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:26 PM   #2
gregcd
Connoisseur
gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: prs-t1, prs-650 to sell
I've noticed this too, it annoys me because the "orientation" option drops off the bottom menu list (it's there if you scroll down).

The only way to "stop" the music and hide this "resume playing" option I know of (without deleting the file) is to shutdown and restart the reader, connect it via usb or remove the memory card (if the music file is on the card).
gregcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2010, 11:44 PM   #3
yts06mgr
Nameless Being

"pause" is same as "stop" button. Pausing does not consume any power. The same analogy goes for mostly well known MP3 players I know of.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:28 AM   #4
Bro Pete
Connoisseur
Bro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Sony PRS 650
yts06mgr--I know it is not using power. That is not my problem. It is just irritating to me that it keeps asking if I want to resume play. I would love to have a choice to stop play and if I want to listen again--then I will go to the audio portion and tell it so. If I pause my Sansa mp3 player and don't restart it a few minutes, it assumes I want to stop play.
Bro Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:24 AM   #5
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I'm bringing this thread up again to ask more specifically how long one can pause before the message appears, and once it does, can one indicate "No"?
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert