Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-20-2009, 01:46 AM   #1
ejknapp
ejknapp doesn't litterejknapp doesn't litter

Device: none
Wink [Expired] The Undead Situation-- now in Mobi and ePub!

Hey, guys! I recall people requesting different formats of The Undead Situation, and so I went forth and created them! I now have PDF, Mobi, ePub, HTML, and the usual Kindle. Each of them except the Kindle one are free at my website, www.eloisejknapp.com

Here is my working synopsis for the book. Any comments on that would be appreciated, too!

//
When it happened, people tried to create a cure. The government attempted to form contingency plan after plan, each one failing more so than the last. No matter what anyone did, no matter how hard they hoped, the dead came back and ate people. Cities collapsed into oblivion while chances of survival diminished by the second. Despite the gore stained streets and screams of his fellow man, one person sits back and watches the scenes unfold with apathetic eyes…

Self-proclaimed sociopath Cyrus V. Sinclair isn’t surprised by the living dead rising and roaming the Earth. What with his cache of guns and MREs, he doesn’t mind the idea of staying in his Seattle apartment until the end of days—come hell or high water. This plan holds true until he meets up with Gabe, a belligerent annoyance, and other survivors, who cramp his style and force him to reevaluate his outlook on life.

//

Here is the Amazon Kindle link. The book is 99 cents.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Undead-Sit...0553658&sr=8-1
ejknapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:49 AM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Thanks for the book
I took a look at the pdf version and I noticed a ton of blank pages. It goes all the way to page 8 before I see anything. Maybe it is just me?

I take that back... there is a "To My Father" on page 2, and pages 3-7 have a "-" on the top left. After that there are random blank pages.

Sam Landstrom is your uncle? How does your book compare to his?
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:54 AM   #3
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Looks like the other versions may also have them. Here is a screenshot from the eub. Also the font change looks funky dont it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2009-12-20 at 11.53.21 AM.png
Views:	1456
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	41608  
Old 12-21-2009, 02:01 AM   #4
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
Thanks so much for the book Eloise. The epub looks good. You are on my TBR list
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:40 AM   #5
ejknapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
Thanks for the book
I took a look at the pdf version and I noticed a ton of blank pages. It goes all the way to page 8 before I see anything. Maybe it is just me?

I take that back... there is a "To My Father" on page 2, and pages 3-7 have a "-" on the top left. After that there are random blank pages.

Sam Landstrom is your uncle? How does your book compare to his?

Yep, I see it! Thanks for pointing it out. I'll go get rid of the blank spaces.

Yes! Mine is very different. Its a lot shorter and a lot more violent. It's a little more forward in the plot department.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:41 AM   #6
ejknapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billjr13 View Post
Thanks so much for the book Eloise. The epub looks good. You are on my TBR list

No problem! Hope you enjoy.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:00 AM   #7
rcuadro
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejknapp View Post
Yes! Mine is very different. Its a lot shorter and a lot more violent. It's a little more forward in the plot department.
Good to hear. I cant wait to read it, though I have a couple books to finish up
Old 12-22-2009, 12:59 PM   #8
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
As soon as I finish the David Moody Autumn series (1 and a bit left), yours is next up. Highly anticipated. Thank you.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:51 AM   #9
poupou
poupou began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Vox, Sony PRS505, Nexus S, Nokia N800, Palm T2
I really enjoyed it
Enough to register on mobileread forums just to tell you so

p.s. any specific reason for using French names ? Sinclair, Bordeaux, Eloise?

Happy holidays!
Sebastien
poupou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:31 AM   #10
ejknapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by poupou View Post
I really enjoyed it
Enough to register on mobileread forums just to tell you so

p.s. any specific reason for using French names ? Sinclair, Bordeaux, Eloise?

Happy holidays!
Sebastien

Thanks a ton!!

Well, I love the French. My name is Eloise, so that just happens to be. I didn't consciously use French names, but I don't mind that I did.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:45 AM   #11
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
Hi Eloise
I finished your book yesterday. Fast paced, unrelenting action with some good characters. A very good story. It is not finished though, is it? Book 2?

Thank you.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:48 PM   #12
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Oh dear... my TBR list gets another book

Thanks!
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:32 PM   #13
ejknapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
Hi Eloise
I finished your book yesterday. Fast paced, unrelenting action with some good characters. A very good story. It is not finished though, is it? Book 2?

Thank you.
Thanks so much! If you feel like it and have time, please post a review on Amazon. :P

Hmm... Book 2? Maybe, maybe not!
Old 07-20-2010, 06:18 PM   #14
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
This made it's way to the top of my queue, and I noticed that every paragraph is noted as being its own page on my PRS-505. The first page of viewable text, is listed as being pages 15-19.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote