Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #46
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulFreund View Post
Thank you very much, this wonderful software makes reading PDFs on the kindle bearable for me! (Duokan has similiar PDF capabilities, but its closed and has a few drawbacks such as loading time)

I would like to return the favour, but at the moment I don't have much time or money. I saw the source of koreader-base is well written and in c/c++. So if you need someone for testing or a debug session or even small implementations i'd be glad to devote a few hours.

I know this kind of offer is hard to evaluate but if you're interested just send me a task you'd like to get done.

Thanks again,

Paul
Just jump on github.

Grab an account if you don't have one.

pick an "issue" - post that you are intent on fixing it

Fix it. Provide a diff or maybe a pull. Speak to the main devs about the best practice but that is a "thumb in the air guide" to helping out.

Your enthusiasm is greatly welcomed. Of that I am sure.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #47
PaulFreund
PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Just jump on github.

Grab an account if you don't have one.

pick an "issue" - post that you are intent on fixing it

Fix it. Provide a diff or maybe a pull. Speak to the main devs about the best practice but that is a "thumb in the air guide" to helping out.

Your enthusiasm is greatly welcomed. Of that I am sure.
I have a github account (same name) and I looked in the issues list, but the only issue for koreader-base is restructuring of modules/shared libraries, which would take more than a few hours and a comprehensive knowledge about the application.
PaulFreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #48
PaulFreund
PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kindle Touch
Just to give an update, I spoke with twobob and I'll look into Xephyr with dithering. I can't promise anything but I'll try.
PaulFreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #49
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
Hi Pual,

Thanks a lot for offering the help!

The koreader-base is quite stable right now, so I cannot think of any simple fix that's left over. But, yeah, feel free to send us PR if you find any bug in koreader-base.

If you would like help with the reader, there are two todos that haven't been added to the issue tracker yet. 1. dig through crengine's code and wrap it's dictionary support in cre module. 2. bring gettext to koreader-base so we can localize koreader.

We have lots of todos in the frontend part though. If you don't feel like coding in Lua, improving the user/dev document will also be very helpful. All the documents are in the wiki.

Xephyr with dithering looks cool to me too
no need to have pressure, just pick anything and hack for fun.
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #50
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

UPDATE:

I have just added gettext support to koreader ;p Will test more in the following days.

After that we can start translating koreader
Old 04-07-2013, 03:49 PM   #51
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2008 View Post
I have just added gettext support to koreader ;p Will test more in the following days.
Thanks for that. I'll translate it into Turkish then...
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:14 PM   #52
dave2008
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Thanks for that. I'll translate it into Turkish then...
Awesome! I plan to use transifex to help with the translation work:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/koreader/

Could you create an account there? I will add you as the coordinator of turkish branch
Old 04-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #53
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Hello, non geek here.....
Sorry if the questions are stupid
I've unzipped the current release which gives me these folders
Launchpad
Extensions
Koreader

I've got a jailbroken paperwhite with KUAL running 5.3.3

If I drop these folders in the root what happens to the Extensions folder already there? I assume it gets overwritten? Should I just put the folder inside it into Extensions?

Next question...... Is the difficulty closing the application fixed in the release version or should I wait on a fix?

Thank you for your patience

Last edited by piperclassique; 04-08-2013 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Correction
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #54
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

okay...

Ditch the launchpad folder (its' just a vestigial leftover)

copy the rest "as is" onto the FAT root. (like when you mount it via USB)

AFAIK the problem is NOT fixed at this time
Old 04-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #55
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you kindly. I'll wait till there is a fix
Cheers
Old 04-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #56
twobob

Decent call. I'll look into welding that fix into something then if you REALLY want it now.

AFAIK they are looking to refactor the problem at this time.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:27 PM   #57
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
On the current release it has a close button, hence there is a stable way to exit from the app.

For the future reference: Giving a chance to the recent one on this list would be a good idea. (also available on the first post)

Last edited by thomass; 04-10-2013 at 02:04 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #58
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot

Excellent, thank you thomass and twobob. I'll give it a try tommorrow morning.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #59
twobob

Yay \\o//
Old 04-09-2013, 03:00 AM   #60
stasys
Zealot
stasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo, Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
On the current release it has a close button
Yeah, it has, but the button is so small, so it is difficult to hit with thicker fingers.
Have you considered to have something like X11 interface? - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170436
stasys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, koreader, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch