Notices

Old 02-07-2010, 05:49 PM   #1
AFK_Matrix
Sci Fi Addict :)
AFK_Matrix doesn't litterAFK_Matrix doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Only part of a Mobi book converting?

Hi,

I have the book The Artifact by Patrick Astre in Mobi format and it is not DRM protected. But when I go to convert it to Epub or lrf I only get like 50kb of the book (it should be 328kb)

Anything I can do to convert it properly?
AFK_Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:34 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Are you sure there is actually content missing? If the original mobi file is not compressed, the EPUB will be much smaller.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #3
AFK_Matrix
Sci Fi Addict :)
AFK_Matrix doesn't litterAFK_Matrix doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Hi Kovid,

Yes I am sure it isn't converting the whole book as when I go to view the lrf in calibre there are only like 4 pages, where as in mobipocket there are 630 pages. I just checked though and the view in calibre can't display the mobi file either, maybe it has problems with the mobi file then.
AFK_Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:57 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yeah, that's more than likely. There are a few badly malformed mobi books floating around that calibre can't handle.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote