Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-18-2013, 06:03 AM   #1
Sarah S
Sarah S began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Arc
Error: Reserved characters need to be percent-encoded?

Hi,

I wonder if you can help me please. I have converted an e-book into ePub and Mobi and the conversion seemed to be fine and the output files are okay. However, I have tried to put it up on Apple and they have returned the following error message. I have no idea what it means, something about reserved characters need to be percent-encoded? Does anyone know what this means and how to resolve it?

Thanks!

Apple
EPUB
Unable to verify the package: 9780957318342.itmsp
ERROR ITMS-9000: "9780957318342.epub: Invalid URI in manifest: "FINAL The Puppet Spell e-book file - to test 18_split_000.htm": Illegal character in path at index 5: FINAL The Puppet Spell e-book file - to test 18_split_000.htm; note that characters such as whitespace that are not allowed in a URI, or reserved characters such as '&', need to be percent-encoded as described in http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3986#section-2.1." at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)
Sarah S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:32 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Remove the spaces from the file name of the html file you used to create the epub and then re-convert.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #3
Sarah S
Sarah S began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Arc
Hi,

Thanks for this - I did remove the spaces and run it again, but now I have this error message:

attribute "vlink" not allowed here; expected attribute "class", "dir", "id", "lang", "style", "title" or "xml:lang"

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Sarah S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
EPUB validation
vlink (and link) is a Style and must not be naked if used inline (IMHO it belongs on a stylesheet and should be stripped if found inline )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Those are all errors in your html file. You need to pass valid XHTML tocalibre for it to output valid epub. Unfortunately, I know of no reliable automated solutions to convert arbitrary html files to valid XHTML.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert