Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-21-2010, 10:04 AM   #1
Redrogue
Redrogue began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Talking Great New Features in 0.7-0.7.9

Hi everyone, Hi Kovidgoyal,

just wanted to express my appreciation for some of the new features in versions 0.7 - 0.7.9. My favorite: being able to save one's books in folders and subfolders an the device (in accordance with the collections one uses) has greatly improved the loading speed on my Sony 700 (I keep a lot of books on the SD card).

A word of caution though to all who manage a large library and work with collections and series: the update can mangle your tags. I ended up having to delete all my books on the card and reimporting them from the library on my PC. It took a few hours but then everything was fine.

Thank for your effort Kovidgoyal. Love your program.
Redrogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:28 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're welcome, and thanks for the kind words
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2010, 12:30 PM   #3
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Ditto what Redrogue said (although I'm too big of a coward to download 0.7.9; I'm waiting for a later version that has the inevitable bugs people are reporting worked out). For me, custom columns has been huge. The increased speed is also very welcome. I'm looking forward to being able to change libraries (with different custom columns) from within calibre.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:35 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That will be doable in 0.7.10, the code for it has already been committed.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:11 PM   #5
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That will be doable in 0.7.10, the code for it has already been committed.
Kewl!
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert