Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-22-2012, 08:42 PM   #1
limejello
limejello began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini
Do all ebooks have to be DRM to access them?

I’m not sure I understand this Adobe DRM business. I have a Kobo Mini. I have ebooks previously downloaded from various sites and sources. Mostly torrents. Mostly epb. Some purchased. Some downloaded to check out if I want to purchase a hardcover book of it. Will I be able to read and access these books on my kobo? Is there a process I need to go through in order to add these books onto my kobo so that I can read them?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
limejello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #2
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
If the ebooks are of the epub file format and have DRM, you will need Adobe Digital Editions and an account for it. You'll then need to connect your Mini to your computer while the program is running in order to authorize it or copy books with the Adobe DRM on it to your Mini. (especially if you use a public library - those give you a .ascm file that you have to open with ADE in order to download the book)

If the book has no DRM (such as those from Project Gutenberg), it's just a matter of copying the file over to your Mini (or going there with the built-in browser and downloading, of course).
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert