Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-30-2011, 06:17 AM   #1
tupelo
tupelo began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Reading PDF files

I am new to my nook and tried to look at a book I downloaded in PDF format. It does not seem to put itself in a readable format. It extends beyond the page so I cannot read it like the ebook format. Am I missing something? Thanks
tupelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:48 AM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupelo View Post
I am new to my nook and tried to look at a book I downloaded in PDF format. It does not seem to put itself in a readable format. It extends beyond the page so I cannot read it like the ebook format. Am I missing something? Thanks
PDF files have a fixed format, and are usually not meant for a small ereader screen. If the PDF consists of text, the Nook PDF reader will try to "reflow" the text. The PDF you are trying to read probably consists of scans (pictures not text). The PDF reader cannot "reflow" such a PDF file, and will show the original format.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert