Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 06-11-2007, 03:07 PM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Aesop: Aesop for Children - v1 - 11 June 07

All those great stories from childhood now in one electronic volume. I came across this version while preparing the Harvard Classics volume 17. It is not the version that will be included there so I offer it as an independent volume.

Here is a heavily illustrated version with color plates. Yes, color. While it will not show up on the Reader, it will show up if you read it on the CONNECT software on your PC.

Now this is not as large as Divine Comedy but it exceeded the size limits for LRF files.

Last edited by RWood; 06-13-2007 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Added b+w version
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:02 PM   #2
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
good kids book for adults too
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2007, 07:28 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Here is a heavily illustrated version with color plates. Yes, color. While it will not show up on the Reader, it will show up if you read it on the CONNECT software on your PC.
It occurs to me to wonder if there's any appreciable difference - in terms of either file size or display quality - between letting BD convert pictures to black and white, or letting the Reader do it. Might be interesting to try it both ways and see what the result is!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:50 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It occurs to me to wonder if there's any appreciable difference - in terms of either file size or display quality - between letting BD convert pictures to black and white, or letting the Reader do it. Might be interesting to try it both ways and see what the result is!
Interesting idea. I'd be happy to give it a go and give my opinion on which looks better to me.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:47 PM   #5
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have added a b+w version to the first post. It saved about 1/2 MB over the full color version.

Truth be told, it is not true b+w, that option on the BD menu produced graphics that looked like a bad newspaper shot that had been screened too many times. What these files were created with was the "gray" option.

All comments are welcome and encouraged.
Advert
Old 06-13-2007, 03:57 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Grayscale is just a lesser degree of black-and-whiteness in my book.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:32 AM   #7
phrodod
Enthusiast
phrodod began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
I can't seem to extract any of these files. I keep getting corrupt CRC messages from 7-zip.

I tried uncompressing each of them individually, and copying the compressed file parts together first, then uncompressing (both with and without the /b switch under windows -- /b helps, but it's not quite there).

Any hints?

Thanks

Phrodod
phrodod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 02:32 PM   #8
RWood
Technogeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrodod View Post
I can't seem to extract any of these files. I keep getting corrupt CRC messages from 7-zip.

I tried uncompressing each of them individually, and copying the compressed file parts together first, then uncompressing (both with and without the /b switch under windows -- /b helps, but it's not quite there).

Any hints?

Thanks

Phrodod
They're not ZIP files, they're RAR files. Like ZIP it produces a compressed file. I have found RAR to have better compression than ZIP, be more reliable, and operate faster.

First you need a RAR extract program like WINRAR, download and install. Then download the files you want (take all parts.) Next, highlight both downloaded files and right click on your mouse. Select the "Extract here ..." option and the program will automatically extract the single file contained in the two RAR archives.

Since the book exceeded the limits set for LRF files to be directly uploaded here, it was compressed. Even the compressed file exceeded the limits so it was split between two files.

If you have any trouble with this, post again and I will put up the files in ZIP format for you.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:07 PM   #9
phrodod
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
First you need a RAR extract program like WINRAR, download and install. Then download the files you want (take all parts.) Next, highlight both downloaded files and right click on your mouse. Select the "Extract here ..." option and the program will automatically extract the single file contained in the two RAR archives.
7-zip has worked on RAR archives when they were contained in a single file, but doesn't seem to work on these.

I presume that you'd still have to split it up to post it as zip files.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:09 PM   #10
RWood
Technogeezer

Quote:
7-zip has worked on RAR archives when they were contained in a single file, but doesn't seem to work on these.

Yes, 10 MB is the limit for both ZIP and RAR.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:36 AM   #11
phrodod
Enthusiast

Quote:

I don't know what I was doing wrong that night, but when I tried it again last night, it worked beautifully. 7 zip appears to have no trouble when using Windows to unzip them together.

Thanks for the beautiful books!
Old 11-05-2007, 08:57 AM   #12
chrissmith
chrissmith began at the beginning.

Device: sony ereader
Great Job. I love this and so would my son.
chrissmith is offline   Reply With Quote