Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-08-2010, 10:00 PM   #1
edgereaderforumact
Edge User

Cool Landscape View on E-ink side (rotatable)

Edge Tech Support,

At what point, if any, are you guys planning on integrating some sort of ability to rotate the E-ink side? For my line of work, this is almost a necessity (need the larger native .pdf viewing ability). I ask because I am trying to justify keeping this device versus purchasing an iPad (not that fond of Apple products, but might be the only option unless you guys are able to rotate the E-ink side).

Many thanks,

Mike

Old 04-13-2010, 08:32 PM   #2
skapsal
Edge User

eInk_screen_rotation_request += 1

Advert
Old 04-19-2010, 04:17 AM   #3
Kynareth
Edge User

Yes, it would be nice possibility.
When you want to read book or a magazine in big format it's very useful.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:34 PM   #4
sordie
Edge User

And it is a must for reading double column scientific articles. As it stands, they are almost impossible to read. Given that Edge is being marketed to academia, I would have thought this would have been a priority.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:55 PM   #5
kstolarick
Edge User

Rotate E-ink side

Current user requests += 1
Also, I'm a big user of the standard Acrobat "zoom to page width" and "zoom to full page" tools. Helpful now -- but especially helpful with a rotated E-ink display -- zooming to page width.

Advert
Old 04-19-2010, 11:05 PM   #6
omagedon
Edge User

+1 there are some PDFs I have opened that it would be off the page and I have to zoom outward in order to see the whole thing and therefore can't read the writing. Most of the time, I just use PDFtoGo for those, more time consuming though.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:11 AM   #7
omagedon
Edge User

Are we ever going to see this on the EE? I have given up on my 600 dollar brick and am using another E-Reader that provides it...seems like all of them you are able to switch it to landscape except for this.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:23 PM   #8
mphoseeko
Edge User

This would be great for making the font bigger, for easier reading.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:33 PM   #9
leo315
Edge User

+1 very important to have landscape view on the e-ink especially for PDFs and to pan over the pages. compare Kindle.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:14 AM   #10
jsfiller
Edge User

Gotta go with the flow here. Yes, I need it to rotate. +1

Old 09-02-2010, 09:37 AM   #11
pat.indie
Edge User

I would say this is the most needed thing for me in the next update. +1

Old 09-02-2010, 10:29 AM   #12
janvangastel
Edge User

To be really a device for academics and advanced studentens, it is absolutely necessary that at least two features are added: landscape e-reader, possibility of opening multiple books (.pdf's) in the e-reader (including a good menu to switch between them). And handwriting recognition follows very close behind.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:34 AM   #13
cheyennedonna
Edge User

I have noted before that I really would like landscape mode on the reader. I repeat my request, because it seems like entourage really listens and accommodates. Many of my books are textbooks with heavy graphics, PDF re flow is not an option, the text is 2 column and too small to read in comfort. I still want to type notes into the journal as well.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:12 AM   #14
nprnncbl
Edge User

This is the biggest change I'd like to see to the reader, too. For academic use it's a must-have feature, because so many papers need to be enlarged but can't be reflowed.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:31 AM   #15
borisb
Edge User

I know in the past enTourage has told me that displaying a book in landscape in and of itself isn't the challenge, but rather the annotating and annotations. Which is probably why it's taking so long to get this feature out the door (enTourage has shown a history of holding back features that simply aren't working reliably enough - a subjective standard, true, but one they've set for themselves).

Still, thinking back to my days in university and the reading I did on computer graphics, it should be a simple matter of applying a rotational matrix to coordinates and input. Easy to say from my comfy armchair, though

Nevertheless, I'd really like to get this feature