Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #1
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Fictionwise buywise superpromo

I just noticed that Fictionwise has a buywise superpromo.
100% rebate (limit $500,00) for 5 year buywise membership (or extending existing membership to 5 years).
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:52 PM   #2
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
I just noticed that Fictionwise has a buywise superpromo.
100% rebate (limit $500,00) for 5 year buywise membership (or extending existing membership to 5 years).
Who is liable if Fictionwise is not around in five years time? Do we get automatic free B and N memberships?
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2009, 02:22 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
Who is liable if Fictionwise is not around in five years time? Do we get automatic free B and N memberships?
Fictionwise is a wholly owned subsidiary of B&N, so in a worst case scenario we can shame B&N into honoring the Micropay credit.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:23 PM   #4
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
Here are the details:

"This week Fictionwise goes where no eBook store has gone before: Until November 16, all five-year Buywise subscribers may purchase any of our 64,000+ eBook titles and receive 100% of the purchase price back as a Micropay Rebate when paying by credit card or PayPal.

Yes, your eyes are not deceiving you, 100% Micropay Rebates on every single eBook at Fictionwise until November 16 for 5-year Buywise subscribers! There is a limit of $500 in total rebates received from this offer. The normal limit is $300, so enjoy extra savings! Offer does not apply to non-eBook items like eMagazine subscriptions. You must first subscribe for five years of Buywise service, then transactions after that will show the 100% Buywise Super Promo rebates. But hurry, the 100% rebates end on November 16! Some other restrictions apply. For complete information, see our Buywise SuperPromo FAQ."

If you are already a Buywise Club member, and your club expiration date is later than November 1, 2014 you don't have to buy more membership to qualify. See www.Fictionwise.com for full details.
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:13 PM   #5
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Ah, this is the third time I have seen this sale in about a year and a half. Nice.

Now I must resist.... (large micropay balance already and large to-be-read list)
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2009, 04:34 AM   #6
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Fictionwise has become absolutely useless for me.
I used to have 11 ebooks on my wish for quite a while (probably for 1 year, some of them longer)

Two weeks ago.
Wanted to buy one of them.
Crown of Shadows (Coldfire Trilogy, book 3) by C S Friedman
When I wanted to move the ebook from my wish list to my basket, guess what I discovered? The ebook disappeared from my wish completely. It disappeared from Fictionwise along with other Coldfire ebooks.
Well...I bought it here: Diesel
I got what I wanted anyway, so who is the looser?

One week ago.
I had 10 ebooks left on my wish list. I received a 50% off coupon and decided to buy a few ebooks. I added 3 ebooks I had on my wish list to the basket, paid the money and....was able to download only two ebooks. The third was unavailable because of geographical restrictions?
They refunded me of course but...
I checked the rest of the ebooks on my wish list (7 now) and guess how many ebooks I have on it now?
ONE!!! (the rest were removed manually because of geographical restrictions)

What can I say?
Darknet is your friend.

Last edited by astra; 11-11-2009 at 04:36 AM.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:43 AM   #7
Renaldo
Addict
Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Sadly, I agree. FW is becoming more and more useless to me as time goes on. Any new mass market book I want to buy isn't available in the format I want anymore (the easily convertible LIT) and their selection of multiformat books seems to have lessened in quality (IMHO). The only thing I use them for now is grabbing older titles still in LIT and the Dell magazines.
Renaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:34 PM   #8
FixB
Groupie
FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS500
Exactly : I only go back to fw to renew my subscriptions to analog and asimov...
FixB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 12:14 PM   #9
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
For some reason, I only got 100% micropay rebate on the first $200 I put into my cart.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:55 AM   #10
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
For some reason, I only got 100% micropay rebate on the first $200 I put into my cart.

Yes, I placed 3 orders over the week and only the first 2 calculated the micropay correctly. I was under the total $500 limit so that's not the problem. I placed the final order last night and immediately emailed Fictionwise support but haven't received a reply yet.
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote