Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-07-2009, 04:52 PM   #1
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Baen Webscription Months for the Taking (to eligible takers)

I'm planning to order some Baen Webscription months—collections of freely redownloadable, non-DRM'd e-books from Baen Webscriptions.

Each month I buy, I can give away at the same time to someone who has not ordered or received a free gift from Baen yet.

Currently available:

March 2010
April 2010

Last edited by Robotech_Master; 06-10-2010 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Got more months!
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:11 PM   #2
BinaryTB
Connoisseur
BinaryTB is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3
Hey Robotech, could I grab July '03?
BinaryTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:12 PM   #3
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You got it.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:34 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I'll take one. I don't have a preference. I don't know any of the books. You choose for me.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:37 PM   #5
Robotech_Master
Fanatic

OK, pilotbob. If you don't mind, I'm going to give it a few days just to let people who do have preferences claim one of the other months first. Then I'll give you whichever one's left.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:38 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
OK, pilotbob. If you don't mind, I'm going to give it a few days just to let people who do have preferences claim one of the other months first. Then I'll give you whichever one's left.
No problem. Thanks so much.

BOb
Old 04-07-2009, 05:38 PM   #7
weateallthepies
Lord of the Pies
weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Sage, Onyx Boox Leaf 2, iPad Pro
Hey, would love the March 2009 if nobody else has taken it.
weateallthepies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:41 PM   #8
BinaryTB
Connoisseur

Thanks again Robotech, just created an account.

I was checking out the webscription and looks like I can send a free gift for July '03 as well, anybody want one? I don't know if it'll work (since I am paying $0), but the gift box option was there. Just PM your email, first come first serve as RM stated above. It may not be till late tonight though, if it even works (can anybody confirm this?).
Old 04-07-2009, 05:43 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooon69 View Post
(can anybody confirm this?).
Yes I think I have seen these pay it forward chains here before on this webscription gift deals.

BOb
Old 04-07-2009, 05:43 PM   #10
Robotech_Master
Fanatic

Feel free to send it to pilotbob, he doesn't care which one he gets. He'll need to give you his email address though.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:19 PM   #11
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
I've bought two future issues yesterday but I can't find a "gift" link in any of the emails. I'm sure I've done it before but it didn't seem to work this time. I wonder if it's because I paid with Paypal?
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:21 PM   #12
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
If Feb 08 isn't taken, I'd like to sign up. Or any of them, really, if it is and there is another with a gift option.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:08 PM   #13
Robotech_Master
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
I've bought two future issues yesterday but I can't find a "gift" link in any of the emails. I'm sure I've done it before but it didn't seem to work this time. I wonder if it's because I paid with Paypal?
Yeah, they aren't able to offer the gifting option with PayPal because they don't actually receive the money for several days. Also, you can only gift one month per purchase, so if you want to gift multiple months, you should purchase Micropay sufficient to cover them all, then buy and dispatch them one at a time (like I'm doing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
If Feb 08 isn't taken, I'd like to sign up. Or any of them, really, if it is and there is another with a gift option.
Feb '08 is duly available, but I will need your email address. PM it to me, or email to robotech in the domain eyrie.org.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:09 PM   #14
BinaryTB
Connoisseur

I'll post when somebody takes up the W200307 July 2003 WebScription gift I've got, but as of right now, it's still available.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:19 PM   #15
Robotech_Master
Fanatic

Spooon, why don't you just send it to PilotBob? Get his email address from him and off you go. That way I can make sure someone who wants it specifically gets my last month, and you can have access to your books.