Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-27-2013, 09:41 AM   #466
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taza View Post
I have not heard of this program ill google to find out more but if this adds additional images to the book formats eg EPUBs it is not want i need.

Thank you
You don't have to look/go far
Sigil is one forum down from Calibre here at MR.

All you need to do is 2 steps:
1) File add existing: image (point it to the file on your computer)
This makes the image available for use in the book

2) Place the image on a existing page (this is simplest way) using Insert: File: Image

Save: Done

More images just adds bulk to your book

There are other (better?) ways that allow more control of placed images, but the above will get the job done using the KISS method.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:44 AM   #467
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
BR brings up a good point

My method assumed you wanted the cover IN the book (and not Calibre)

His method assume you only want cover stored in Calibre (but not the book)

What do you assume
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:57 PM   #468
Taza
Taza began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
another arguably better idea than using a custom column - and it will work today - assumes you don't ordinarily have CBR comic book files - if you do then use one of the other Comic Book file types (cb7, cba, cbt, cbz)

Put the collection of covers you have for a book into rar file e.g. sunalsorises.rar, rename the file to sunalsorises.cbr

You can avoid the rename if you use WinRAR, it will allow the file extension to be overtyped when creating the file - ie you can overtype sunalsorises.rar with sunalsorises.cbr.

Add the sunalsorises.cbr file to the Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway book in your library (drag/drop into Book Details will work)

If you check Preferences->Use internal viewer for CBR you can read the book with the calibre viewer.

But you may prefer to use a dedicated CBR viewer, I have a very simple one named CBR Reader, I'm sure there will be some better ones - see attachment

Doesn't do all you want, but it does at least get all the covers for a book into to the book folder in an accessible form

You can delete sunalsorises.cbr because its in your library

BR
Thank you this is closer to what i need saves me having to re download a different book cover every time i wish to convert book into a different format (if i can use the comic book format to get the image from to change the book cover) I dont have any comic book formats yet so i can use this for the time being.
Thank you

EDIT: Its not letting me pick which pages i wish for the cover like it does for the pdf format when you select the format and click use cover from format it only uses the first pages.
Is there something i need in order to let me pick the pages i wish to use as a cover in the comic book format?

Quote:
My method assumed you wanted the cover IN the book (and not Calibre)

His method assume you only want cover stored in Calibre (but not the book)

What do you assume
Yes i wish to store all the covers in calibre not in the book. I like each book format to have a different book cover if available.

Thank you both for your help and suggestions.

Last edited by Taza; 07-29-2013 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Tried suggestion
Taza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:44 AM   #469
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

EDIT: Its not letting me pick which pages i wish for the cover like it does for the pdf format when you select the format and click use cover from format it only uses the first pages.
Is there something i need in order to let me pick the pages i wish to use as a cover in the comic book format?
@Taza - can you tell us which OS you're using - I'm assuming Windows

I doubt you'll get anyone volunteering to create a plugin to do what you want - but maybe I can get you a closer, but it will be a procedural solution rather a One-Click solution - will this be acceptable

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:25 AM   #470
Taza

Quote:
@Taza - can you tell us which OS you're using - I'm assuming Windows

I doubt you'll get anyone volunteering to create a plugin to do what you want - but maybe I can get you a closer, but it will be a procedural solution rather a One-Click solution - will this be acceptable

BR
That sounds good thank you.

Im using Linux Mint
Old 07-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #471
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That sounds good thank you.

I'm using Linux Mint
@Taza - I don't have my Mint system available at the moment, its screen has failed

Ideally you want a comic book reader with an option to save the current image (ie the cover you want to use) to a file. I did a quick search and the nearest I found was MComix which has an option to copy the current image, which you would then need to paste into an image editor and then save as a file - maybe the developer could add a save to file option (wouldn't be hard).

I did find a reader with a save current picture option called HoneyView, but its for Windows, although it will apparently run under Wine

So let's assume you save the cover you want to use from your .CBR file to abc.jpg on your desktop. When you create the new format via conversion you would load abc.jpg into the Change cover image field (by using the blue browse button) and do the conversion. That will make abc.jpg the cover for the the output book, I would then remove abc.jpg from the desktop.

However abc.jpg will also become the book cover within calibre - ie it will be what you'll see in the Book Details panel, see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=219055

A number of the CBR readers are open source (like calibre) and they are written in python (like calibre) so...

That's about the best I can come up with

I owe you a thank you, I can make good use of a Comic Book reader within a photo archive project I'm working on, some of them are better than what I've been using - Faststone's Maxview

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-30-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:10 AM   #472
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
That's about the best I can come up with
@Taza

Update - I have discovered, thanks to a post from Kovid in another thread, that if you put a bunch of images into a zip or rar archive, and drop the archive into Book details then Calibre will automagically change the archive into a CBR(ar) or CBZ(ip)

Also Kovid has fixed up the Conversion dialogue so that you can drop a picture onto the Book Cover area. Now all we need is a Comic Book Reader from which one can drag a picture to drop

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-03-2013 at 04:36 AM.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #473
Taza

Hey that's great news thanks
Old 08-09-2013, 03:37 AM   #474
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 5
Hi Guys,

Is it possible to someone to make a metadata for helikon.bg and ciela.com.
donMaranzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #475
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Question Merge book annotations in a single epub that links back to annotations in books

I annotate heavily, and especially for non fiction it would be very useful to be able to search annotations across books, as e.g. these could be on the same topic and I may not remember which point contained the passage I am after.

I know Calibre can import annotations from books (at least for some devices), but would it be too far fetched to build a plugin which merges annotations from different books in a single epub with hyperlinks to the pages in the original books where the annotations came from?

Since Calibre can create a catalogue that links back to books, I thought this may be technically possible, but as a non techie I don't know if I am talking pie in the sky...
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #476
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Hey that's great news thanks
And in case you missed it, as of last weeks release you can now put multiple images into comments

BR

EDIT : Removed suggestion for dragging image out of Comments to desktop then to Book Cover - see post #481 from Kovid Goyal.

Do that and the image will move from wherever it was to the desktop, and disappear from Comments, and if the conversion has option to include a jacket it will get an error

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-12-2013 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Trick Added
Old 08-11-2013, 11:31 PM   #477
Taza

Quote:
And in case you missed it, as of last weeks release you can now put multiple images into comments

So you could put the covers in there and when you create a new format file, drag the cover you want to use from the Comments area onto your desktop, and then drag it into the Book Cover area - see attachments

BR
Thanks i had missed that, I am updating new version now. This will help
Old 08-12-2013, 01:29 AM   #478
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
@Taza - I can't recall if I mentioned that I found out that QComicBook is reputed to have a right click Save As option, I'm still without any Linux so I've not been able to test - there's a half chance that it might even have drag drop.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-12-2013 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Remove red herring
Old 08-12-2013, 02:10 AM   #479
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Images in comments do not go into the db, they remain as simple links pointing to the image on disk.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:21 AM   #480
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
@Taza - maybe it wont, see Kovids preceding post - I have corrected my earlier posts

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-12-2013 at 02:38 PM.

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development