Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-31-2012, 10:13 AM   #106
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I got a message that said your new storage app was not compatible with any of my devices. I have a Nexus 7 tablet and a Nexus S phone. I am in Canada, though I assume that does not matter.

EDIT: I was charged for it and it appears in my apps list. I won't be able to see if it downloads onto my N7 until I get home from work. I cannot download it onto my Nexus S phone. It is not compatible.

Last edited by taming; 08-31-2012 at 10:21 AM. Reason: See edit.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:37 AM   #107
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a dead as PARROT Kindle keyboard 3G,NEXUS 7 and Proud Of It
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I got a message that said your new storage app was not compatible with any of my devices. I have a Nexus 7 tablet and a Nexus S phone. I am in Canada, though I assume that does not matter.

EDIT: I was charged for it and it appears in my apps list. I won't be able to see if it downloads onto my N7 until I get home from work. I cannot download it onto my Nexus S phone. It is not compatible.
Yes it's only writen for the NEXUS 7 so wont work on your phone,i presume you have a COMPATBLE OTG cable for the nexus as plenty of them dont work or are ropey.

The App works fine on my NONE ROOTED Nexus 7 so i dont know if it would work on a ROOTED tablet,im guesing it would.

1. Just install the App onto your nexus 7
2. connect your USB stick into the OTG cable
3. connect the OTG cable into your nexus micro USB socket
4. Wait for the App to AUTO start and then give it a few secs to detect your media on the USB/memory card reader

5.select the media you want to view and then press - STREAM
6. If you want to copy the file to your nexus 7 then press SAVE and on the nexus in the Apps page press DOWNLOADS App and it will take u to the downloaded file.

My poor quality YOUTUBE video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFlCg...pAhJkWyQ-H5jxA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-08-31-12-01-26.png
Views:	201
Size:	804.6 KB
ID:	91600   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-08-30-19-20-45.png
Views:	235
Size:	788.0 KB
ID:	91601   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-08-30-18-37-47.png
Views:	212
Size:	742.4 KB
ID:	91602  

Last edited by darksaber35; 08-31-2012 at 12:45 PM.
darksaber35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:05 PM   #108
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Actually, mine is rooted, and I have been using stick mount and a cable just fine. I just wanted to give it a go. I also think it is important to support Android developers that are doing neat things.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:17 PM   #109
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well the developer definitely deserves the support as he acomplished something that nobody else has, and for $1.99 it's worth a punt even though it's not finished yet.

Mine works with every memory type i have including 3 different USB memory sticks as well as a cheap memory card reader with a 8GB SDHC memory card in it.

I think he needs to concentrate on the media player and photo viewer so songs & pictures can play back to back.

He's working on-

NTFS - Version 3
Directory/File Manager style UI - Version 3
Share (to GMail, Drop Box, etc.) - Version 3.1
Better Photo Viewer and Music Player
exFAT
Search

http://nexususb.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/welcome.html

Last edited by darksaber35; 08-31-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:33 PM   #110
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I want to load flash to view TV episodes I have missed. The current adobe version is not compatible. Most every TV site wants one to load flash to view. How can I accomplish this or is there a workaround?

Thanks much.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:29 PM   #111
darksaber35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
I want to load flash to view TV episodes I have missed. The current adobe version is not compatible. Most every TV site wants one to load flash to view. How can I accomplish this or is there a workaround?

Thanks much.
Any problem is solvable with the nexus

I use firefox on my nexus 7 ,FIREFOX BETA + FLASH 11.1 downloaded means you can view most flash based web sites that chrome & dolphin cant use

FIREFOX BETA is slower of course than chrome.

1. Install firefox BETA
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Vmb3hfYmV0YSJd

2. download & INSTALL FLASH 11.1

http://hotfile.com/dl/141531583/bea2...111.5.apk.html

3. use ASTRO file manager to install the FLASH APK

4. Use firefox beta for those flash websites that are giving you problems,the latest version of dolphin web brouser does not play flash any more.

Installing flash also allowed the stock CHROME web browser to play 1or 2 other websites it could not before.Example- VIMEO

Flash is not officially supported but it does work with firefox

Last edited by darksaber35; 08-31-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:26 PM   #112
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you but the second link (for flash) came to a 404 error not found so I am still stuck. The first link worked fine and install was successful.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:04 PM   #113
darksaber35
Banned

I just checked it today but not working now so i have posted another link for you fella.

another if the first does not work
http://www.mediafire.com/?14pauvvl4fpal1f

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1288287

Last edited by darksaber35; 08-31-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #114
robertc88
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksaber35 View Post
I just checked it today but not working now so i have posted another link for you fella.

another if the first does not work
http://www.mediafire.com/?14pauvvl4fpal1f

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1288287
Well I managed to download and install Flash but Firefox keeps crashing when I'm playing the videos on each TV website. Each only plays for about 30 seconds or so with what I tried so far.

At least I have Flash installed and I'll try some other browsers. Another thread elsewhere recommended Boat so that is up next.

One thing I will tell you that I noticed though is the clarity for reading webpage text using Foxfire. Much clearer and more distinct versus other browers (ie, Chrome and Dolphin). I'm unsure why but I will not uninstall Firefox for now regardless that it crashed playing videos with Flash.

Thanks again for your help. This thread has been very helpful by the way.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #115
darksaber35
Banned

OK glad to help ,which websites did you have problems with? i could try them out.I have not had any problems so far with the 15+ websites i have tried out with it so far.

Last edited by darksaber35; 09-01-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #116
robertc88
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksaber35 View Post
OK glad to help ,which websites did you have problems with? i could try them out.I have not had any problems so far with the 15+ websites i have tried out with it so far.
I just go to the the major TV stations in the NYC area for broadcasts of episodes I've missed: cbs.com, nbc.com, abc.go.com, wpix.com to name a few.

There is a software update awaiting to be installed on the Nexus 7. Maybe I should do it and then try again with Firefox and Flash.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:48 PM   #117
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Do any other browsers work? In ICS I am using Maxthon, Opera, and ICS Browser+ to watch Flash movies. Since the JB hack for my tablet still has no sound I am not keen on trying it out yet.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #118
robertc88
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Do any other browsers work? In ICS I am using Maxthon, Opera, and ICS Browser+ to watch Flash movies. Since the JB hack for my tablet still has no sound I am not keen on trying it out yet.
I'm baffled how he gets it to work on websites he is utilizing it for. I finally got the video to play but I now have no audio, only for advertisements.

Personally, this is a deal breaker for me. No Flash, no Nexus 7. I have a KF and while the hardware admittedly isn't as good at least the latter does what I need it to do.

I even picked up a Student Edition of the Gtab2 yesterday so I'm anxious to try it. I'll give the Nexus 7 a bit more time but I'm nearing the return window timeframe. Oh well if I cannot get it to work.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #119
robertc88
Fanatic

I was given a link for this thread on xda forum for Flash:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1848508

I downloaded and installed the .17 apk and now have video AND audio playback. Not on every website I tried to play a video but at least 90% worked.

I bookmarked that link. I think the developers will keep updating it if there are problems with Flash in the future.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #120
darksaber35
Banned

VPN App to provide you with WiFi protection plus unrestricted web surfing

Well last week i had the time to sort out a problem i have been having with my UK Netflix account on both my NEXUS 7 & PC as the CONTENT they provide to UK customers is VERY poor compared to US customers( like most US company's do in the UK) so i did some digging and tested out some VPN App's that would allow me to Access the USA Netflix streaming service using my PAID for UK account.

Most VPN Apps i tested ether have a size limit you can download or stream or want to charge a fee for there service but i have found a App that is perfect for the job.The App also allows you full access to any USA website that is region locked and provides added SECURITY as it encrypts your WiFi on both public and private hotspots and gives a extra layer of protection for your tablet or PC.

Put in very simple terms Hotspot shield changes your tablet or PC's IP Internet address from a NONE US IP address into a U.S address and stops both COMPANY'S and GOVERNMENTS from censoring your internet access to u.s websites and services

This App is also useful to American's brave enough to leave America on there holidays or business as it will allow them access to there favorite websites like - cbs.com, abc.go.com & others which have region locking.

I have been using it for over a week now to access the US version of netflix which has a lot more content. If i had not found hotspot shield i would of cancelled my UK netflix account by now as the UK version that neflix lumber you with is a mere shadow of the US site yet they charge you more.

As with all my Apps i post Hotspot is very very easy to set up and use.
When i have Hotspot shield switched on i can access the US netflix via my netflix App as well access any US REGION locked website and when i switch it off i can access UK netflix with the same app

Cnet endorses HOTSPOT SHIELD and recommends that all tablet users should have it installed on your mobile device or PC.You can download the PC version from there website.

http://download.cnet.com/hotspot-shield/

Hotspot Shield FREE with no hidden charges
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cm9pZC52cG4iXQ..

The Internet connection protector Hotspot Shield encrypts your traffic to protect you from all kinds of spying while your computer communicates with the rest of the world. It's a must-have utility for anybody who uses public Wi-Fi networks, but it's also an excellent tool for ensuring on any network connection that you can access sites and data according to your tastes, and nobody else's. Hotspot Shield's Virtual Private Network services are used by more than 10 million people at the time according to the software publisher AnchorFree, making it the largest VPN in the world.

PROVIDES INTERNET SECURITY & PRIVACY: protect yourself in Wi-Fi hotspots (VPN encrypts all traffic); protect your identity and your IP address to stop unwanted tracking.
GIVES YOU ACCESS to your favorite sites: Unblock any blocked content and services--get Facebook, Skype, YouTube, Flickr and other sites wherever you are.
BLOCKS & NOTIFIES you of spam, phishing and rogue websites. (ELITE subscription* only)
SAVES YOU $$$: Hotspot Shield Bandwidth Compression speeds up browsing and shows you how much you saved on your data plan. Hotspot Shield has already saved 37 million MB of bandwidth for its mobile users. (ELITE subscription only)
OFFER MARKETPLACE: Gives you opportunity to download apps, complete easy offers and surveys to get Hotspot Shield ELITE for Android or desktop and hundreds of other items like gift cards and Facebook credits absolutely free! Also share with your friends to earn credits!

*Monthly and Annual ELITE Subscriptions Available. All subscriptions provide Unlimited VPN Bandwidth and No Ads. Free version is ad-supported.

NOTE: Before starting Hotspot Shield VPN - if you have other installed VPN clients, please be sure that they are disconnected.
NOTE: If you see the "Uninstall" button on the application main screen and if you plan to uninstall the app - please tap on this button to uninstall the application. If there is no "Uninstall" button on the screen - please use your usual way to uninstall application.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-09-07-18-17-37.png
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	92066   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-09-07-18-17-19.png
Views:	203
Size:	700.1 KB
ID:	92067   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-09-08-14-10-11.png
Views:	174
Size:	789.0 KB
ID:	92068   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-09-07-21-04-18.png
Size:	543.7 KB
ID:	92069   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-09-07-19-14-28.png
Views:	191
Size:	589.0 KB
ID:	92070   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-09-07-21-06-57.png
Views:	195
Size:	316.3 KB
ID:	92071   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-09-07-20-08-24.png
Views:	174
Size:	495.7 KB
ID:	92072  

Last edited by darksaber35; 09-09-2012 at 04:35 PM.