Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-24-2011, 11:37 PM   #1
firebelow
firebelow began at the beginning.

Device: PB902
Have you tested the Bluetooth keyboard input? How fast is it?

The new firmware (2.1) has Bluetooth keyboard support.

I'm considering getting a mini-Bluetooth keyboard, but before I do I want to know if it is faster than the current input method (track pad).

Using the track pad, my input is sometimes not registered so it slows the process down.

When using a Bluetooth keyboard, is the input as snappy and fast as a normal cell phone or is it at about the same pace as currently doable with the track pad?
firebelow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:10 AM   #2
bogomil
bogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: PB903
Hi, I've bought mini bluetooth keyboard and the reader works well and definitely it is faster. The problem i've detected is that i can not set an alternative keyboard layout, only english and russian (not full set of keys) standard layouts are available (Ctrl+Shift). I've tested it with the scribble application. I think, it is a big problem for non-english input because of missing keys on mini keyboard (in my case - i would like to use custom bulgarian phonetic layout.
bogomil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2011, 09:07 AM   #3
Iskander
Iskander began at the beginning.

Device: in search of a large reader for science articles
That's very encouraging news. The possibility of using a bluetooth keyboard dramatically increases the device's usefulness to me.
Iskander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:11 AM   #4
osowiecki
Connoisseur
osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ASUS eee Note / Nook Touch
"Microsoft Bluetooth mobile keyboard 6000" works with PB.
Keyboard hangs when you try to use Bluetooth and Wifi at the same time.
osowiecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:33 AM   #5
JobAccommodation
JobAccommodation began at the beginning.

Device: none
That sounds incredibly great!

It could be even better if we'd get an official info from Pocketbook's side about bluetooth mouse compatibility (or not) and other keyboard models they have already tested and work ok with their ereader.

I don't know, any kind of info about Bluetooth devices + PB...
JobAccommodation is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #6
Gurubaja
Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.

Device: pocketbook pro 902
Hi all,
I'd like to share my exeperience.

I read a lot but also I need to write a lot of notes. When I knew that the PB supports bluetooth keyboards, I bought it immediatly.
Now I have a PB902 v2.1.2 but the bluetooth keyboard doesn't work at all.

I can easily connect the bluetooth keyboard to the PB without any problem, but no keypress is recognized by the PB.
I made a lot of retries, i tried to set the keyboard layout in english, I tried it with potermpro, I tried to reset the factory default and install the experimental 2.1.2 FW version, but it still doesn't work.

The keyboard doesn't have any problem because it works fine with my nokia N8 cell phone.
Im very disappointed, now I read texts with PB but I must take notes with my cell phone... This is very annoying.

Can anyone please help me? There's any solution?

I would appreciate any help
Thanks.
Gurubaja is offline   Reply With Quote