Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #8461
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:16 AM   #8462
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I'm starting my last week of physical therapy for my knee, if all goes right. The therapy room has a bunch of televisions and they are usually tuned to a cable station running reruns of Friends while I'm there. I guess that everyone else is really into Friends, since I'm the only person who brings an MP3 player.

My therapy sessions usually run a bit over an hour, just about right for an album of music. I like Electronic/Space/Ambient music, and several of my albums match the workout routine pretty well, starting slow and quiet and moving up from there.

My latest album is Field Drawings, by Ryan Teague. It came out last year, but I finally have a compelling reason to add a few more albums to my collection. The song playing during this video is Neo, off that album.

cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #8463
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
...My therapy sessions usually run a bit over an hour, just about right for an album of music. I like Electronic/Space/Ambient music, and several of my albums match the workout routine pretty well, starting slow and quiet and moving up from there....
I often sleep to such music. I recently took out a subscription to Calm Radio which has several ambient/New Age selections that are excellent for sleeping or meditating.

One of my favorites is the Gregorian Chants channel. I don't know if you can access it from that page or not, but you should be able to via their iTunes & Windows media link. Of course, without a subscription, you'll be listening with commercials, but it's worth a listen anyway. A word of warning: the commercials are NOT conducive to sleep; which is why I became a paid subscriber!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #8464
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
SILENCE by Nature....
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #8465
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

try SOMA FM: DRONEZONE:

http://somafm.com/play/dronezone

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I often sleep to such music. I recently took out a subscription to Calm Radio which has several ambient/New Age selections that are excellent for sleeping or meditating.

One of my favorites is the Gregorian Chants channel. I don't know if you can access it from that page or not, but you should be able to via their iTunes & Windows media link. Of course, without a subscription, you'll be listening with commercials, but it's worth a listen anyway. A word of warning: the commercials are NOT conducive to sleep; which is why I became a paid subscriber!
Advert
Old 08-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #8466
hidari
MR Drone

and for the Space crowd....one I listen to a lot...ambient music with NASA/Soviet/ space communications....

http://somafm.com/play/missioncontrol
Old 08-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #8467
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
try SOMA FM: DRONEZONE:

http://somafm.com/play/dronezone
Oh, yes. DroneZone is one of the stations I have bookmarked in my iTunes.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #8468
Grace Elliot
Groupie
Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
My son's music thudding away upstairs. It sounds like a headache feels.
Grace Elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:40 AM   #8469
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
David Garrett-Summer - From The Four Seasons (Vivaldi)
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #8470
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
iPad and iPhone Users

Do you have problems viewing this particular thread? I have an iPad-1 which, when I use the Safari web bowser, crashes every time before this page finishes loading. I think this may be a memory problem that iThingies (particularly older ones?) as all of the scripts are loaded for the videos. But I'm no tech genius, so I'm really just guessing. I was going to change the MobileRead settings to display fewer posts per page (preferably, for just this thread) hoping that would solve the problem but I haven't found that option, yet. Any other ideas or suggestions?

EDIT: Okay, I found it under Thread Display Options under Edit Options. I changed from 40 posts per page to 20 and it now works fine. No crashing of Safari.

Last edited by vivaldirules; 08-10-2013 at 11:33 AM.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #8471
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
...I have an iPad-1 which, when I use the Safari web bowser, crashes every time before this page finishes loading....
I have a 32 GB iPad 1. If this thread contains only one or two posts it usually handles it okay, but a full page will crash more often than not before it fully loads; same thing with many of the slideshow and video intensive pages at the Huffington Post. I asked someone at work this week who has an iPad 4 if he had problems with pages crashing and he said no. Maybe iOS 6 is more stable than iOS 5. The next generation, iOS 7, is suppose to handle multitasking much better according to the hype. I'd sure like to know before I invest the big bucks on the upcoming iPad 5.

I'd like to hear from more iPad users on this; which iPad they're using, and how their experience of this thread is.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #8472
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
I've got the first iPad (16gb) and I have been avoiding this thread out of the frustration of it crashing. This last page is okay because it's only got the one video. I got through Cromag's space music but it crashed giving him karma which always takes two or three taps to bring up. Most crashes occur in Facebook when viewing someone's posted video. In both the app and Safari. I get no crashes on my iPhone 4S but I rarely bother with AV stuff on the phone.
Past visits to this thread have been completely unsuccessful if there are about 5 videos loading.

Last edited by wannabee; 08-10-2013 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Just noticed there are three videos on this page
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #8473
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The blue one next to the fish.
Elton John-Amoreena

Hoyt Clagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #8474
Ken.Hagdal
Connoisseur
Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
The Cult

Last edited by Ken.Hagdal; 08-14-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Ken.Hagdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #8475
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Hugo Montenegro - MacArthur Park (Allegro Part III)

Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
birth of the shums, blues, listening, shumswrisomkw, unutterable silliness, youtubed! :)