Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-14-2008, 07:40 AM   #1
Vanessa
French newbie
Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: iLiad v2, Sony PRS-T1, Kindle Voyage
DIY cover for iLiad

Some people asked me to show pictures of the DIY cover for my iLiad. My mother made it, she insisted that she wanted to do it, so here it is !
For the moment, I like it, it really protects the device. Stylus is not really accessible, though, so I might switch for an Irex cover one day, when shipping becomes cheaper.

Vanessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:11 PM   #2
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
The design is awesome! I've been considering something similar for my Sony 505. Just having trouble deciding on a fabric or color.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2008, 09:01 PM   #3
Crisby
Fanatic
Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
That's great! I love the colour. I hope it includes extra padding to protect the screen, like the shoulderbag and iRex leather cover have.

Maybe your Mother should start advertising?
Crisby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:27 AM   #4
Vanessa
French newbie
Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Of course, it includes extra padding ! Rigid plastic, and it's almost impossible to bend it.
I find it really cool, although it's a bit big. I would have prefered something closer to the size of the iLiad, it's a bit uncomfortable if you have small hands (like me).
Other than that, I really love it, and you can also include a notepad and a pen.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:06 AM   #5
bazzargh
bazzargh began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Nice cover Vanessa. Just thought I'd mention another cover option that I've not seen in the threads so far: lens wraps, from camera supply stores.

They're squares of padded cloth which are screen-friendly on the 'inside', they just wrap around whatever it is you plan to carry in a bigger bag, but stay shut with velcro. They come in various sizes, A 15" one is probably about right for an iliad, costs just over £10. Larger ones will swallow a small laptop. Brands include Domke, LindCraft, Calumet, Roadwired (now defunct?), but they're all much the same.

Until I get one of those I've been using a padded A5 envelope. Cost...about £0.
bazzargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2008, 12:31 PM   #6
Vanessa
French newbie

Ok, I wouldn't have thought of that, it's a good idea !
And carrying around your iLiad in an enveloppe, are you trying to beat Apple on the MacBookAir commercial ? lol. But it's a really good idea, and easier to put in a bag than the bag given with iLiad v2 (BTW, I checked on the irex website, apparently, they don't include the bag anymore with iLiad v2...)

Tags
diy cover