Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-23-2012, 06:23 PM   #586
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by plib View Post
Don't know if this is a bug, a problem with my system or I'm just doing something stupid.

I got an indication that I had my first ebook, a freehold ebook, that had not been redeemed. I wasn't sure how the system worked, so I checked my email account - nothing there, so I figured I had to click the redeem button.

I clicked it on the scrolling information screen on top of the freehold page, and got an error message on the lines of "invalid JSON ?something I have now forgotten?(query?)". However it still showed 1 ebook and 0 redeemed on the percentage slider below, so I clicked that and got a message on the lines of "previously redeemed coupon being cleared from system".

Now it says I've earned one book and one has been redeemed but I have no indication on my email account, my Baen account or, as far as I can see, my PlanetBaen account where it is or what has happened to it?

Any ideas from someone who's already redeemed a coupon? Is the JSON error telling me I'm out a coupon after all that clicking and building? Am I a lucky Beta tester who's found a bug?
Email Baen support at baensupport@principledtechnologies.com. They will need your Baenebooks account email. Tell them the problem.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #587
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by plib View Post
Don't know if this is a bug, a problem with my system or I'm just doing something stupid.

I got an indication that I had my first ebook, a freehold ebook, that had not been redeemed. I wasn't sure how the system worked, so I checked my email account - nothing there, so I figured I had to click the redeem button.

I clicked it on the scrolling information screen on top of the freehold page, and got an error message on the lines of "invalid JSON ?something I have now forgotten?(query?)". However it still showed 1 ebook and 0 redeemed on the percentage slider below, so I clicked that and got a message on the lines of "previously redeemed coupon being cleared from system".

Now it says I've earned one book and one has been redeemed but I have no indication on my email account, my Baen account or, as far as I can see, my PlanetBaen account where it is or what has happened to it?

Any ideas from someone who's already redeemed a coupon? Is the JSON error telling me I'm out a coupon after all that clicking and building? Am I a lucky Beta tester who's found a bug?
Make sure you leave Bob a message in the bar. There are bugs, but haven't seen this one. He can look up your gift code, I believe and send it to you.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #588
plib
Guru
plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Thanks guys.

I did actually register for the Bar, should have done it long ago, and read a related thread there which also recommended the support email. So it's now in their hands and we'll see what happens. It could be cackhandedness on my end but I kinda suspect the JSON error indicates a backend problem on their side, but I'll wait and see what their explanation may be.

Back to clicking, building and begging.
plib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:28 PM   #589
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
All levels 20and + check out posthuman city architect asset.
Btw. Please send bliss and energy...
Mis-click of a pop gift sent me 5 millions of red in energy...
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:40 PM   #590
colleenFL
Groupie
colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.

Device: PW3, PW1, Kobo N647, Sony PRS-600, Sony PRS-300, various tablets
I'm hanging out on level 20 saving up to add my 29th ally. I've changed my requested gift resource to none since the small gifts don't make any real difference to my freehold. I'm still giving out all the transfer-only gifts I get each turn (3) to people that have requests listed.
colleenFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2012, 11:47 PM   #591
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post

Energy - Base Need: -3,650,543

(and that's after 3 rounds of surging energy). I shall have to start adding bliss tomorrow, to keep $$ bleed down, though, as I've used up all my megagifts, now).
Old 05-24-2012, 03:59 AM   #592
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
Yep, I did that

Back on track now and have enough cash to upgrade to level 20, think I'll wait till the next round though so I'll be able to recover from the energy blast.
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #593
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
My apologies, koland, i accidentally dumped you all my bliss. Feel free to trash it.

Btw, is population new bliss? I asked for pop for one cycle and was fairly flooded.

Sent energy to Freeshadow, all my bliss went to koland accidentally.
Please, don't send me anything! I have a feeling that AI bestows more supergifts when my hoard has less gifts (6 ordinary system gifts arrive always). I'm slowly whittling down the amount of supergifts and waiting for 50-100k pop or any energy. At least I'm almost recovered from prvious pop boost.

Last edited by travger; 05-24-2012 at 09:44 AM.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:08 AM   #594
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by travger View Post
My apologies, koland, i accidentally dumped you all my bliss. Feel free to trash it.

Btw, is population new bliss? I asked for pop for one cycle and was fairly flooded.

Sent energy to Freeshadow, all my bliss went to koland accidentally.
Please, don't send me anything! I have a feeling that AI bestows more supergifts when my hoard has less gifts (6 ordinary system gifts arrive always). I'm slowly whittling down the amount of supergifts and waiting for 50-100k pop or any energy. At least I'm almost recovered from prvious pop boost.
No prob - bliss is all good! I just send to sock puppet, as I am having to surge bliss there to keep the populace working. I'll re-route a bit to Freeshadow.

I may move my political leanings a bit more to the left (bliss cost, no bucks if you move sideways), as that gets you more gifts and I've been getting close to none lately. I'll wait, though, until just after a level up or an ally joined, as if you drop down a bit lower in the spectrum, you get a LOT more gifts (the puppet used to get one or two every turn and now gets the same none, as I was maximizing profit in order to get to ally #29.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #595
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I may move my political leanings a bit more to the left (bliss cost, no bucks if you move sideways), as that gets you more gifts and I've been getting close to none lately.
When you say "To the left", where on the grid do you mean? Would that be into the upper right quadrant of the grid? And what about the Absolutist/Pragmatist/Relativity sliding scale? I'm thinking about having a fiddle, so to speak...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #596
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
thanks - you are saving me from an blissemptying whilst I kick every bit of energy out of the grid
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:39 PM   #597
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
When you say "To the left", where on the grid do you mean? Would that be into the upper right quadrant of the grid? And what about the Absolutist/Pragmatist/Relativity sliding scale? I'm thinking about having a fiddle, so to speak...
Sorry, no, I meant left on the grid. left and down means more gifts, but less income from assets.

I just moved Archer to the Star Party, where it was before. That usually gets a gift or two per turn (50/50 is no party and almost never gets any gifts). It cost 5% bliss and no bucks, from 50/50. I think my sliding scale moved some too, but didn't pay much attention.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:05 AM   #598
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Is there anyone not running an energy defecit?
I am level 8 and have kept my population from growing to try and even out my stats.

I am 150k in the hole on energy but the biggest energy producer I can buy is still only 450 after surge. There is no way to even out your energy and I guess an overabundance of bliss is the only way to counteract it.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:25 AM   #599
Iphinome
Paladin of Eris
Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
I am level 8 and have kept my population from growing to try and even out my stats.

I am 150k in the hole on energy but the biggest energy producer I can buy is still only 450 after surge. There is no way to even out your energy and I guess an overabundance of bliss is the only way to counteract it.
Take whacks that drop your population. Dr. Malthus always wins.
Iphinome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:33 AM   #600
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
I've got over 1 million surplus in energy. But then I resisted growing my population from the start, just because natural 2% increase was eventually going to add up in a nasty manner, IMHO.

Quote:
I am 150k in the hole on energy but the biggest energy producer I can buy is still only 450 after surge.
Have they cut down the Radiation Shield output that much? I thought it was supposed to be higher than that, fully upgraded.

In any case, you could try putting in some Antimatter Reactor Towns and upgrading them. At Level 8 I think you get at least 1000-2000 energy per surge plus half that much bliss and other assets all at once if you don't put anything else in the squares surrounding to cut down production.

The other strategy would be to try and accumulate enough Bucks to level and thereby access Thorium Reactors at L9.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote